x
Admin

How did you choose your business branding and messaging?

Hey, everyone! Does your business have official branding? If so, what factors influenced your decision-making and what advice do you have for folks who are just getting started?
We'd love to know what you think - reply below to share your opinions with the community!

Elisabeth (she/they)
Join a Group to connect with other business owners like you!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Hello ElisabethB 

We have official branding for two businesses. It helps you and your team have a guide when creating any content related to the business like websites, emails, presentations and social media posts.

You can hire someone to help you with that. You can find great designers on Etsy or Fiverr. 

Best wishes on your business

Message 2 of 11
Super Seller

there are so many decisions that go into branding...

I think the most important factor is the brand's voice.... making sure the writing/communication "sounds" (really reads) the same is super important.

When we were thinking about our brand.... our logo.. and our entire brand experience- we knew we wanted to create a welcoming environment where anyone would feel comfortable from the beginner to the advanced collector.

In terms of being completely stringent with fonts and colors- we're more concerned again with the voice/tone/the way message read. It's about authenticity and educational more than glossy advertisement feeling.

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 3 of 11

Official branding is available for two businesses. You have a guide to follow when creating any kind of content related to the business, such as social media posts, website content, emails, presentations, or anything else.

There are people who can help you with that, so you don't have to do it on your own. Etsy and Fiverr are great places to look for great designers. 

Wishing you success in your business ventures

Message 4 of 11

I read an article that explains why certain colors are used for certain types  of business and I created my logo based off of what I read.  Iโ€™m a mobile diesel tech, black and green are the colors I chose for my logo.  Black is an automotive color all the way, from maintenance to manufacturers logos, they almost all exclusively use the color black.  I threw the green in there because green is used for outdoor businesses like landscaping and tree companies.  Itโ€™s more of a lime green than a standard green and looks amazing against a black background. 

Message 5 of 11

AM EVEN TRYING SINCE YESTERDAY TO PURCHASE A SQUARE TERMINAL ON INSTALLMENT PLAN ITS NOT ALLOWING ME EVEN WHEN MY STATE IS FLORIDA. WHEN I GET TO PAY INSTALLMENT AND CLICK ON VIEW PLANS THEN IT TAKES ME BACK. THE SQUAREUP WEBSITES ITSELF FACING MANY ISSUES AND CUSTOMER SERVICES IS POOR

Message 6 of 11

I chose my name from a song written about me in 1987.(Tie Dye Queen by Nick Kopcha of the Strummin' Wolves) My logo is designed with a font that I liked at the time, and rainbow colors, since I dye lots of rainbow garments (and hair now). Just be sure your logo is legible in many formats and many sizes. Remember, business cards are small print, so maybe print your chosen logo on paper, in the size it would be, and make sure before committing. And don't use Papyrus font! Most printing folk abhor it. lol.

Keep logs of everything. Some receipts fade in a short time, so take photos of them once a month for your records, and still record the purchases also. I like Quicken and Excel to use with my Square. Square makes it so easy to export comma delimited files to use in Excel! I'm sure there are other programs or apps too, I just know Excel.

We use Square for our POS at the art gallery that I manage, and it's wonderful! So many payment options online and in person! We have had other payment processing services, and Square is the most affordable and most flexible, with so many options! We love the variety of abilities that Square has. Don't even get me started about the automatic deposits! 

Message 7 of 11
Super Seller

Our branding was simple, we name our business after our granddaughter in hopes she will take it over. We named it Korie's Kloset with a play on words that you are buying clothing from her closet. We went it a K for closet to match her name. The font is bold, but a little playful to match the branding and incorporated a big bow in the middle at the top. There's a saying in the South, The bigger the bow the closer to Jesus and all our clothes has a little sassy flair to them. So we made our tagline Big Bows & Sassy Clothes.

Randy Fulk
Korie's Kloset
Big Bows & Sassy Clothes.
Message 8 of 11
Beta Member

We are a software developer for the racquet sports and fitness business.  Our software handles reservations, bookings, CRM, POS, and the like.  Pretty basic and boring stuff - at least you want it to be basic and boring and just plain work.  In the software world of shiny new objects, we named our company Foundation Sports Systems to reflect the basic and essential nature of what we do.  Build on a solid Foundation.  Grow.  Manage.  Prosper.  The more 'unsizzly' the better.  In our business, it's about not getting distracted by shiny new objects.

Message 9 of 11

Although I have been trying to purchase a Square Terminal on the installation plan since yesterday, it is not allowing me to do so even though my state is Florida. When I pay for installation and click on the VIEW PLANS button, it takes me back to the square up website. The Squire website itself is facing a number of problems. Customer service is poor.

Message 10 of 11
Super Seller

You definitely have to brand your business.  I chose my business colors by using my favorites...I wanted my brand to be a representation of me and my girls so that's why I had my logo designed to look like us.  The message I want to convey is that's it's ok to be our unique selves.  Fashion lets us express ourselves in that unique way and share it with the world.

Jacqueline
Owner of Jackie's Uniquely U Boutique
Message 11 of 11