x
Admin

How did you come up with the name of your business? 💭

Hiiii Seller Community! 

Here with another question of the week!

How did you come up with the name of your business? Is there a story behind it? Have you ever thought of changing it? 

question giphy.gif

Feel free to share your business name, how you came up with it and your logo too if you want! 💕 We look forward to reading your replies

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 1 of 264
263 REPLIES 263
Admin

Wow! Clever logo there with the horizon and the pests in between. I really like the sound of Horizon Pest Solutions - it sounds like there's a solution/horizon to resolving the pest issue with your biz! Thanks for sharing @horizonpest 🤓

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 169 of 264

I came up with the name because I conduct myself professionally when I see customers and provide professional services. 

Message 170 of 264

logo.png

Message 171 of 264

LC is my mom's initials, which is my way of honoring her since she passed in 2015. Concepcion is my maternal family's last name and this is my way of thanking my family for helping me come this far. I want to make them proud while doing what I enjoy doing.

Message 172 of 264
Admin

I'm so sorry for your loss 😞 What a thoughtful way to pick a business name. Thank you for sharing. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 173 of 264

Days of the year 365 and also thought instead of a name why not numbers

Message 174 of 264

Years ago, I started a blog. The name I come up with was Tappingflamingo. Tapping because I am a dancer, and tap dance is my favorite. Flamingo representing my home state of Florida. When I decided to open my Etsy Shop, I added Bling (for the handmade jewelry I make). TappingflamingoBling was born! I think it's a perfect name for my handmade jewelry with a Bohemian flair (mostly made with the tropics in mind...beach theme, seashell fragments, recycled guitar stings, etc).

Message 175 of 264

Art & Joe had a two-fold purpose. One was to reflect what I'm selling, art and coffee. The other was to make a nice couplet: Art & Joe in Steelville, MO.

Later on, I thought of changing the name to "Not the Soda Fountain", as the shop was constantly being eclipsed by its neighbor. But we had everything printed with Art & Joe by that time.Art&JoeSmallBanner.jpg

Message 176 of 264
Admin

Art and a cup of joe! 🖼 ️Pretty clever to think of changing it to Not the Soda Fountain - but I really love the original! Thanks for sharing @ArtandJoe 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 177 of 264

I incorporated what I do with the name of the product. Thought about changing it but it's worked so far. Knock on wood. 

Message 178 of 264

We had been struggling to pick a name for weeks and finally in bed my girlfriend said why not "Withering Stones Apothecary"? It stuck and honestly it is perfect. I made regular bath products but also healing salves for pets and people so the apothecary idea always intrigued me.

Message 179 of 264

I really do not know, it just came to me

Message 180 of 264

Mariposa Aesthetics, LLC. I was on vacation in Costa Rica and found a wonderful brewery- Mariposa Brewery in Montezuma.  It was founded by a fellow Washingtonian.  I loved the atmosphere and the inspiration it gave me to go out and start a business of my own.  Mariposa is butterfly in Spanish.   Helping clients achieve their aesthetic goals, and emerge as the butterflies they are, gives the name new meaning.  My logo came from a stock vista print image but I love the simplicity.  I coun't find an option to attach an image!

Message 181 of 264

3 Bees BBQ =Brisket, Burgers-Baby Rack Ribsd

Message 182 of 264

My company is named after my middle daughter who passed away, I would never change the name the reason my company is what it is is because of her inspiration. Maci's Maids Services.

Message 183 of 264
Admin

So sorry for your loss. What a thoughtful way to honor your daughter. Thank you for sharing

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 184 of 264
Super Seller

Business name choice was somewhat obvious; my main focus was on the logo.

• Triangle because it's the strongest shape, and also because of the three points of my business: cut, color, style
  • JP because of my initials; point at the end because of my last name
  • Wanted the JP to look like hair, abstractly
  • Green was chosen because it is a very calming color, which is the vibe for my studio
  • Brush strokes because I specialize in color

Jess Poynter.jpg

Jess
Hair Designer | Certified Trichologist

Visit My Website - Jess Poynter Style and Solutions
Check out the magic on Instagram - @JESS.POYNTER
Make an impact on Facebook - @JPSTYLESOLUTIONS
Message 185 of 264
Super Seller

The name I originally wanted was taken by multiple businesses across the US so we decided to go with a different variation! 

My Girlfriend's Wardrobe est. 2012

Preston & jayne est. 2023

Downtown York Pa

Square user since 2012
Message 186 of 264

Hello !!  

For me personally, I wanted something that would tell you what and who we are in an instant.  If it's anything that stirs me up it's seeing a company name (you know.... Driving on the highway and seeing a name and wondering WHAT do they do ?) and not having a clue what they might do.

Our company "Canned Fresh" is just that.... canned fresh... Shelf stable, no matter if it's fruit or veges.

Message 187 of 264
Super Seller

I started with a small Cheese Truck, but after 7 years I realized selling my items from a tent at farmers' markets would save me $5,000/ year in operating cost and I also saved almost $900/year on gasoline. Plus I could make deliveries in the Holywood Hills. My truck could not get up and over these hills.

My sales increased by 33% at farmers' markets and my deliveries increased by 48%

René

Life is too short to eat boring cheese.
Message 188 of 264
Super Seller Alumni

brickhouse partners ltd - 2008 to Today

My wife's father owned his own, independent pharmacy for over 50 years.  Because brickhouse has ten characters he would mark the bottles with the amount that he paid for the medicine.  bbke would translate to $11.50 so he could calculate his desired profit margin. We had so much respect for him as a small businessman who was successful despite the competition from the big pharmacy chains that we adopted brickhouse for our business.  Pictures and the full background can be found on our website bhpltdohio.com/Our Story.

Message 189 of 264