x
Alumni

How do you celebrate and/or reward your employees during the festive season?

Hi Sellers! 

This season is often a time where we look back at the past year and give back to others. 

We'd love to know, how do you celebrate and/or reward your employees during the festive season?

giphy (8).gif

Feel free to share below!

Ani
Gestora de la Comunidad de Vendedores / Seller Community Manager, Square
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

A cash bonus + a store credit + a personal gift + and I take everyone out for huge holiday meal.

Message 2 of 33
Alumni

So generous, @LovePotion😊

Ani
Message 3 of 33
Beta Member

Our first year using Square. How do I find where I've taken out inventory due to breakage? I know how to subtract inventory but I need an end of year report showing all losses of bottles 

Message 4 of 33

that's amazing!! blessings to you because sometimes it is unappreciated. they do not understand the sacrifice business owners do.

Message 5 of 33

Square steals money from users 

Message 6 of 33
Super Seller

I don't have any direct employees per say. In my office there are numerous admin and reception staff for 10 other healthcare types, with that I like to try to be nice all year long if I can be. Ill buy coffees/baking or such through out the year. I think its more important to be great full year round. Lets say if I did have direct employees I would send them on a vacation to a warm holiday or make a large purchase that would make there life that much better. Car repair, new bike, gym membership or something that can help improve daily living.  

Ryan Anton Schaffer RMT
www.reginamassagetherapist.com
Message 7 of 33
Alumni

@ReginaRMT "I think its more important to be great full year round." - love this! ❤️ 

Ani
Message 8 of 33
Beta Member

I do a huge Christmas party/dinner at a local restaurant that I buy out for the evening.  Then after dinner/dessert, we all play the saran wrap game with money and gift cards throughout.  They have a ball! 

Message 9 of 33
Alumni

@heatherhill68 That sounds like a great time!! I'm sure your employees really enjoy it 😃

Ani
Message 10 of 33
Beta Member

Ani, 

We like to get together as a team, throw a big dinner and give each other gifts. We don't have too many employees,  but the ones we do have each get a bonus and a gift from myself and Chris as a token of our appreciation 

Message 11 of 33
Alumni

I bet your employees have a great time, love a big holiday dinner! @Cragona31 

Ani
Message 12 of 33
Super Seller

My managers get a year end bonus, all staff get a bag of swag from the store so that they can know and love what we sell, and we have a holiday party! This year we are partnering with the local candle shop up the street and having a candle making party as well as having a restaurant up the street cater the dinner there. 

Abby
Owner, Abigail's Gift Boutique and Abigail's Boutique St. Louis, MO
https://www.facebook.com/abigailsgiftboutique
https://www.instagram.com/abigails_stl/
Message 13 of 33
Super Seller

Candle making party sounds awesome! 

Message 14 of 33
Alumni

How fun @Abigails_stl! 🕯 I know @isabelle would love this - she is pro at making scented candles! 

Ani
Message 15 of 33
Super Seller

We had an ice skating party last year. This year we treated the team to a nice dinner. 

Since the employees each work certain shifts, we rarely get to all hang out and catch up. It is nice to have everyone together and thank them for their contributions towards the growth of the store.

Message 16 of 33
Alumni

@TCSlaguna ice skating party, the perfect activity for the holidays! 👏

Ani
Message 17 of 33
Beta Member

@Ani_ What a wonderful question! It's heartwarming to read about the ways business owners celebrate their staff. I've been the boss of me 🙂 for 25+ years. During this holiday season I'll take time off and enjoy outdoor activities with family and friends – skating, skiing, enjoying the sights and sounds, etc. And, I'll relax, recharge, and get ready for a New Year of opportunities to learn and connect with clients. Cheers!

Susan J.
Square Online seller, website designer and artist
Message 18 of 33
Alumni

@taylorandjones those are all great activities!! I love that you are taking the time to celebrate yourself for all your accomplishments and also recharging through nature, family and friends. So important 🙌

Ani
Message 19 of 33
Super Seller

We give year-round perks but specifically at holiday time we close for two weeks for everyone to be off and I stick around the studio and get people's work fired so they can come back to fresh pots. I too usually do a personal gift and big holiday meal. Sometimes we do a fun experience like a group tarot reading or palmistry class - always a fun time 🙂

Deanna [they/them]

MudFire CEO | Square enthusiast

Visit me at MudFire online
Message 20 of 33

group tarot or palmistry class sounds awesome!

Message 21 of 33