x
Alumni

How do you celebrate and/or reward your employees during the festive season?

Hi Sellers! 

This season is often a time where we look back at the past year and give back to others. 

We'd love to know, how do you celebrate and/or reward your employees during the festive season?

giphy (8).gif

Feel free to share below!

Ani
Gestora de la Comunidad de Vendedores / Seller Community Manager, Square
Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
Super Seller Alumni

We do our best to give a bonus every year, and this year we started doing a holiday ornament Secret Santa with a $20 limit, so everyone gets an ornament that reflects them and their personal interests, but no one has to buy gifts for every co-worker.

I the future I would love to have a company holiday party or dinner.

Jessica
Owner/Founder
We'reDough Bakery and Cookie Dough Cafe
Flint, MI
Message 22 of 34

Based on hire date, we offer gift cards for their personal use.

Message 23 of 34

I have a beer.  Works for me as I have no employees.

Message 24 of 34
Super Seller

lol reward yourself, that's a good system

Michael
New Light Photography | SUB Photo | Square fan
Message 25 of 34
Beta Member

Since I’m not fully established,  I’d hold off cash bonuses. I’d rather provide Visa/Mastercard Gift Cards to thank them for their contributions to the success. They're also a taxable expense. 

Message 26 of 34

We have our annual Christmas party for our employees as well as food and drinks on Christmas Eve and a bonus. We plan according to how our year is because it is a team effort and they really contribute to make it amazing.

Message 27 of 34
Super Seller

I do an end-of-year bonus.  It is a flat $ amount for each year they've been with the company.  

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 28 of 34
Beta Member

I give a $25 bonus everytime my sales person does $500 in sales in one day. $50 bonus If they have over a $1000 day $75 bonus if they have over a $1500 day. Etc.

Every year they work for me gets them.a $100 bonus at the end of the year. They also get discounts on merchandise they purchase in my store. My employees tend to be my biggest customers. I let them know on a daily basis how important they are to my company. Not only do I have a retail store I also own a Construction business. I couldn't do both without my employees. 

Message 29 of 34
Super Seller

As our business continues to grow, we look at the growth of the company and how well its done. As a standard, what we do always for our employees is we take them to a restaurant for Christmas, We do give them a bonus and we also buy them small gifts that are personalized to who they are. 

Sayda Diaz
Message 30 of 34
Super Seller

I love this question!

Every quarter, I take my staff out for something fun! Last quarter we did a brunch at one of the cute, IG-worthy restaurants in town. This quarter I am thinking top golf. All of my staff are so nice and fun; we have a great time together! This way, we all get to hang out in a non-work setting with all expenses paid. I never host events with staff for more than 2 hours though- out of respect for their personal life and not being clocked in.

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 31 of 34
Square Community Moderator

@Bronze_Palms - "All of my staff are so nice and fun; we have a great time together!" really touched my ❤ So sweet to hear! 🥹

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 32 of 34

I try and come up with a little incentive for them, I usually do $5 off a Color Service! 

Message 33 of 34
Super Seller

At our bakeries everyone gets a $50 Target card and a $50 gas card, plus 2 pies of their choosing at Christmas.  We usually add 1 item that is something they can use so this year they all got Owala bottles.

Message 34 of 34