x
Admin

How do you make your business stand out from competitors? ⚡️

Hi Seller Community! Hope everyone is enjoying their week

Today we're wondering....

How do you make your business stand out from competitors? Any tips?

fight.gif

We look forward to reading your replies! 👀 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 1 of 95
94 REPLIES 94

Our Mission and Vision Statement.

We are clear and direct about what we are all about. 

Message 2 of 95

No Idea

Message 3 of 95
Beta Member

think outside of the box

Message 4 of 95

sounds like something Taco Bell would say

Message 5 of 95

lol

Message 6 of 95
Beta Member

haha, it is a general question with million different answers, you don't expect a detail marketing plan...  

Message 7 of 95

You have to definitely think outside the box.  Offer Specials, do some contests for all to play with a time limit to offer a percentage off or buy 2 get 1 free idea.  I play trivia with my customers and if they answer it correctly, their name goes in a raffle for a free piece of jewelry at the end of my live shows!!

Message 8 of 95

I like that idea abd have done a similar thing a few years back. It helped to up my likes/follow on FB. May reinstitute it. 

Message 9 of 95

Tell them something about your business thats appealing & unique . 

Message 10 of 95

Take videos and pictures of your work. Some customers told me that they like how I posted videos of me carpet cleaning on my website. I believe customers like to see evidence that you are a legit company with reviews, pictures and videos.

Message 11 of 95
Alumni

Some of my favorite videos on TikTok are before-and-after videos of cleaning because they're so satisfying. There is one account I follow where he just records his car detailing process from start to end and even though I'll never be able to use his services given that I live in a whole other state, I will still spend time watching the entire thing. Seems like a lot of people are into this type of content given that every one of his videos goes viral.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 12 of 95

My business sells fresh produce at an open market. To capture customer I talk to them to bring them over to my stand. The produce is arranged invintingly, and I have lots of recipes memomorized. I also learn everything I can about my produce. This works well.

Message 13 of 95

Sell you. Why did you get into this business? What is your niche? Who is your target market? There is no way to stand out from competitors, but you can appeal to like minded people, your prospects, by answering the questions above. A good book to read is Simon Sinek's "Find Your Why".

Message 14 of 95
Super Seller

We don't worry too much about our competitors.  We make every experience at our shop full of positive energy and every Guest is treated like our favorite person just walked through the door.   We listen to their product requests and create an experience that people want to tell their friends about.

~Cheryl!
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!

Cheryl! Tisland
Burst Of Butterflies Create & Paint Studio

BurstOfButterflies.com
Message 15 of 95
Super Seller

Giving excellent customer service and delivery to the customer's home.

Life is too short to eat boring cheese.
Message 16 of 95
Super Seller

We offer unique hard-to-find items, and great customer service: special order items on request, free gift wrap, bottles of water, and often treat samples while they shop.

Message 17 of 95
Super Seller

We try to provide a great experience the moment a customer walks in. We try to provide them with the knowledge and tools for self improvement. This requires the store to be laid out properly, have product descriptions, resources, and helpful staff. Our Square Online website makes us look good too. 

Message 18 of 95

We are in a Niche market and no one else in the area has what we have.

Message 19 of 95
Super Seller

I manage it by going above and bound to make sure that an constantly providing the absolute best customer service experience possible and by making sure that I only stock the highest quality products that aren’t readily available in most shops like mine. That’s managed to ensure that customers are willing to drive to shop at my shop and also it’s enabled me to drop all of my paid advertising. I draw customers from a 4 county area and it’s entirely based upon word of mouth advertising from my customers and the google listing. Product selection and customer service is key. 4 shops like mine in the county and I make sure that I don’t carry the same product lines they all carry

Message 20 of 95

We go the extra mile! For example, most pool companies have employees that show up, do a quickie job vacuuming and throw a few chems in the pool. We are a smaller company, so we take the time to check all of the customer's equipment each time, plus we send them before/after pictures of each visit and text them with the chemical checks. This is just one example of many, but the best way for ANY business to stand out is to do MORE than what your competitors are doing. Going above and beyond!

Message 21 of 95