x
Admin

How do you make your business stand out from competitors? ⚡️

Hi Seller Community! Hope everyone is enjoying their week

Today we're wondering....

How do you make your business stand out from competitors? Any tips?

fight.gif

We look forward to reading your replies! 👀 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 1 of 95
94 REPLIES 94

We are a skate shop & clothing store - We give our community free tacos every Friday 12pm-3pm in addition to fun gimmicks like Spin the Wheel, weekly raffles, and rewards cards! We even challenge locals to come play a game of Street Fighter in our arcades for a prize! 😄 We make our environment fun !!

Message 64 of 95

Hello how to I beld my business 

Message 65 of 95

Please give me some good advice 

Message 66 of 95

So I have been reading a lot of the replies in here, and I have to say that I am impressed with nature of this seller group on square. My wife and I love being small business owners,  the daily efforts we put in and returns we get are mind blowing. I have never worked this happily hard for anyone else. My wife is my inspiration to break my back and keep crawling to the finish line....splash water on my face, shake it off and go back to the start to get another round going.  So that brings me to standing apart, determination... the determination to get our customers needs fulfilled, our communities needs fulfilled, and our family and friends needs fulfilled. There is no order to that either, do what you can when you can. 

My biggest advice to anyone that is trying anything in business is "Be a Pivitor". We are constantly doing new things to engage customers.  Constantly coming up with new ideas and then acting on them. Some work, some don't.  In 10 years we want to be able to say either 'well at least we tried or well..I'm glad we tried!' I like to believe our customers see it, realize the efforts, and it helps to make more business, but I also like to believe I can do more everyday. So back to the starting line I go.

Message 67 of 95
Super Seller

we are constantly changing our offerings while staying consistent to our Brand. Amityville Apothecary is the largest metaphysical/crystal shop on Long Island NY with a wide variety of crystals- we actually draw visitors from 100 mile radius- and we do that by offering curated merchandising that looks different. We remerchandise the store 4-5 times a year so when you visit you see something new.. we offer "WOW" experiences and photo opportunities for customers inside our store. We listen to our clients- bringing in products they request. We research and follow trends- we allow the market to dictate the product not vice versa.

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 68 of 95

convenience, affordability, value

Message 69 of 95
Beta Member

I'm not sure since I'm the only one in my area that sells Christmas trees (live.) Other than that I would try to sell things that are needed in everyday life but that are different from other stores that sell similar items

Message 70 of 95
Super Seller Alumni

Offer unique wall art products that my competitors do not offer like my #PatentArtCollage, #PatentArtDuo, and pre-matted #PatentArtSingle

Message 71 of 95

Be genuine about your creativity and yourself. When customers make a purchase they are buying a part of you. If you are trying to hard or less, it will show. If you don't get it right the first time try again. 9 out of 10 you either over/under think the idea. Just let it flow naturally. As cliche as this response maybe. It is true. Take a day to view it from the perspectives view.

Message 72 of 95

I make sure my handmade items are high-quality products and are unique in some manner. I sell both online and in a large craft/antique mall that features items upfront from vendors that they feel are in high demand and unique.  I constantly strive for that coveted spot.  It gets my items seen and purchased by many people. 

My online store is its own entity but I feature it on my craft blog and youtube channel so people can watch how I make my items.  Yes, they can copy or make their own but they can also see the quality that goes into the production of the pieces.  This actually steers a lot of people to the store to buy rather than make.  A lot of people just don't have the time, money, or experience to actually make the items themselves.  

As for the non-handmade items I still watch the quality and make sure they are still original designs and not what everyone else is selling so I have a unique line throughout.  

Lastly, while I sell online I do NOT sell through Etsy or eBay.  I maintain my own storefront.

Message 73 of 95

Giving out samples Educating  customers of plant based products

and most definitely thinking outside  the box.

Message 74 of 95

Aloha, 

our Family Business is to provide the best experience for our customers. To make sure that they receive the best care. 

Message 75 of 95

I offer a unique service no one else has. While marketing agencies offer "Reputation Management," we don't like this posture because it's defensive, you are waiting for a bad review to then try to fight it.

We instead offer (Reputation Marketing), which is a proactive approach, and it does 2 things:

1) if a bad review comes up, it's much easier to push it down because you are not starting from 0 (which is what you do when you only manage or do nothing).

2) keyword is "marketing," so we take all of your reviews, feedback, and testimonials and spread them all over the Internet; telling the world how amazing You and your Business are.

And the way we do it, we stream it on your Website, post it on Social SItes, and load up to Video Sites. So it becomes Social Media Marketing, Video Marketing, and SEO all in 1.

Message 76 of 95

you have to make it easier for the customer. 

Message 77 of 95
Super Seller

Customer service.

We greet everyone by name, introduce ourselves, and smile.

We chat like old friends during appointments.

Follow up.

When booking, clients recieve prep instructions.

When they leave, they get a "thank you" text.

A couple days later, we follow up and ask them what they think.

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 78 of 95

Original, Satisfying Consumers.

Just two from others!

Caretha L Russell
Message 79 of 95
Super Seller

Upfront pricing. Incredible customer service. High quality products.

I learned very early on that I could not compete on price so I add value instead.

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 80 of 95

Merchandising and great customer service 

Message 81 of 95

Hello all. What I do as best I can is see clients within same day or next day. As some other computer techs are pushing 2 weeks out. My data recovery is proper and fast, my hourly rates are said to be reasonable. I'm slowly building up the customer base since January. Always put more time into jobs than I actually charge for. Other clients are appreciative that I can do house calls.

Message 82 of 95

We are available to assist you any time and any day your needing your air conditioning or your heat fixed don't matter what time it is just give us a call or text and where there!

Best Heating & Air Company In Town!!

Message 83 of 95
Super Seller

We design our own clothing, so it is not something you can buy at Walmart or Target.

Randy Fulk
Korie's Kloset
Big Bows & Sassy Clothes.
Message 84 of 95