x
Admin

How do you track your business goals and keep on top of them? 🤔

Hello, Seller Community! Let's talk about goal-setting: how do you set your business goals and track your progress? We'd love to hear what methods have worked for you and your business. Share your thoughts with us below! 😊 

Thank you to @Doran for suggesting this question

Elisabeth (she/they)
Join a Group to connect with other business owners like you!
Message 1 of 72
71 REPLIES 71

To track your business goals and stay on top of them, you can use the following steps:

1. Define your goals: Clearly define what you want to achieve and make sure your goals are SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time-bound).

2. Create a plan: Break your goals down into smaller, actionable steps and create a plan of how you're going to achieve them.

3. Set up tracking systems: Choose the tools and systems you'll use to track your progress towards your goals, such as spreadsheets, project management software, or performance dashboards.

Message 2 of 72
Super Seller

I love the three steps you set out @jaxxxy

I try not to have goals that are a year out right now. Given the uncertain business climate right now, I try to look at things either monthly or quarterly. If I can work hard in the present to meet the short-term goals (that around aligned with the long-term goals), the long-term goals should be met. 

Message 3 of 72

Thank you for your positive feedback! Your approach to setting short-term goals aligned with the uncertain business climate is strategic. Focusing on monthly or quarterly objectives that contribute to long-term goals allows for adaptability and agility. By prioritizing present efforts, you increase the likelihood of achieving overarching aspirations despite uncertainties.

Message 4 of 72
Beta Member

Track mine with QuickBooks

Message 5 of 72
Beta Member

Trying expensify for garden design business 

Message 6 of 72

1. Goal Setting: Start by setting clear and well-defined business goals. Ensure they are specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound (SMART). Involve key stakeholders in the goal-setting process to gain alignment and buy-in.

2. Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): Identify the key metrics that directly reflect progress toward each goal. KPIs serve as quantifiable measures to track performance and success.

3. Goal Tracking Tools: Utilize various tools and software to track goals Find here and KPIs. Project management platforms, analytics tools, and business intelligence software can provide real-time updates and visual representations of progress.

4. Regular Reviews and Updates: Conduct periodic reviews of goal progress. Schedule weekly, monthly, or quarterly meetings to assess achievements, discuss challenges, and adapt strategies if needed.

5. Accountability and Ownership: Assign clear ownership of each goal to specific individuals or teams. Establish accountability for progress and results.

Message 7 of 72

What reader will fit an I pro computer I have the iMac pro 13 inch

Message 8 of 72
Beta Member

I love spreadsheets! I create a workbook with yearly tabs, use Quickbook and Square reports to fill in P/L categories, and track where we did good and where we need improvements. It's also nice to color code trouble areas, and input goals vs progress. 

Jess Kaisk
Sacred Grove Studio
Akron, OH
Message 9 of 72
Admin

@SacredGrove330 I love a good spreadsheet with color coding, too! 😍 Do you use a template or build it out from scratch?

Elisabeth (she/they)
Join a Group to connect with other business owners like you!
Message 10 of 72
Beta Member

Need a way to track merchandise withheld f or personal use 

Message 11 of 72

It's never to late to write a business plan.  There are free templates online to guide you through the process.  Measure against the business plan every 6 months.  

Message 12 of 72
Super Seller

I always look at what I did the year before.  I typically have two goals, to beat last LY and whatever I goal for the current one.  To track my goals, I use my reports through Square and I also have a planner where I break those numbers down even more.  I love all the digitals things but I'm definitely a pen and paper girl.

Jacqueline
Owner of Jackie's Uniquely U Boutique
Message 13 of 72

Great question!

Message 14 of 72

With the rise of "kbh games fnf mobile," players can now enjoy the rhythm and excitement of Friday Night Funkin' on their mobile devices. This adaptation has brought the game's catchy beats and challenging gameplay to a wider audience, allowing for on-the-go entertainment.

Message 15 of 72
Super Seller

So many options, there are tangible and 'less; tangible things we like to track..

In terms of tangibles - Turnover and profit Y/Y is the big one, quickbooks gives me easy access to this.

In terms of our business 'pillars' there are areas that are high profit, medium profit, and necessity.

We have a small distillery/winery/restaurant. We want to see larger % of profit coming from spirits, then wine, and lastly the restaurant just needs to scrape by as it facilitates the others.

For the less tangible stuff we monitor our presence and influence on social media in comparison to surrounding similar businesses as for our demographic this does convert to sales.

In terms of goals - I'm good at setting them, not so good at doing them.. But this might be the year!!!

On the list for this year is: 4 new spirit product, better online presence, build a loyalty following to drive sales, engage a rep/distributor... lets see how I go 😄

Bruce Wilson
Owner | Vigneron | Distiller
Message 16 of 72
Super Seller

I use a paper planner still, write all thoughts down. I will keep a running notes column to work off of. It may include sales ideas or marketing pitches, Including names or businesses to contact.

Ryan Anton Schaffer RMT
www.reginamassagetherapist.com
Message 17 of 72

good

Message 18 of 72
Beta Member

We look at sales from the same time previous year. Since we participate in vendor shows also we try to look at the show from the previous year to plan for the current year. There have been patterns in buying items which we have paid attention to. This have been helpful with know what inventory to bring to shows and what to produce more of. We also have an artisan shop. Since this has just started planning for this have been challenging however we have paid attention to customer shopping patterns, what they are looking for and what they are willing to spend on an item. 

Message 19 of 72
Beta Member

I have another 9 to 5 currently and doing a side gig of laser engraving.  My goal is to have fun with my father and try to make a little money without overdoing myself.  

https://laser-engrave-fc.square.site/
Message 20 of 72
Super Seller

@FamilyCreation1 ,

Very cool - I bought a small hobby laser last year as I was paying someone .30c to etch our logo onto every spirit bottle top. It's probably payed for itself already but it's also be great for little signage and merch projects around the business.

Bruce Wilson
Owner | Vigneron | Distiller
Message 21 of 72