x
Admin

How will you use social media for your business in 2024?

Hey Seller Community 👋

It's freezing here this week in Dublin, which means I've been spending a lot of time huddling with my hot water bottle inside rather than braving the cold outdoors. And it inevitably means I spend a lot of time surfing Instagram and various social media channels for entertainment. 

The social media landscape has definitely changed a lot in the last couple of years, with new formats and even completely new platforms like TikTok or Threads. We'd love to learn:

How will you will social media for your business in 2024?

Is there a particular platform you will be focusing on? Do you have a strategy or how do you organize your content? Is it still a managable task or are you looking to hire outside help to manage social media for your business?

Looking forward to reading all your replies 📱

Tra | she/her
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 1 of 27
Report Inappropriate Content
26 REPLIES 26

Ugh. I completely get the value of using social media to elevate my profile, but as a longtime psychologist and solo provider, I don't need to seek referrals.  What I would like to do with social media this year is to write on topics of the mind, self and emotion. But I'm not quite sure where to do that and .....social media simply as a vehicle for self-promotion in my field is exhausting and tends to be quite shallow.

Message 22 of 27
Admin

I really like the idea of using social media as a way to write topics that you want to write about. I even think you could look at platforms like substack and medium (blogging platforms) as a form of social media too and go deeper into creating on those platforms instead of traditional Instagram, etc. if that feels better for you!

Max Pete
Seller Community
Message 23 of 27
Super Seller

We concentrate on 4 platforms, facebook, instagram, TikTok and YouTube.  I found a great little piece of software called Buffer. With Buffer I can go in and put a weeks worth of content in all 4 platforms and schedule when it will be delivered. That way I can sit down and do it all in a few hours instead of trying to do it everyday. One thing I like about Buffer is they an algorithm to suggest when would be a good time/hour to make your post.

Randy Fulk
Korie's Kloset
Big Bows & Sassy Clothes.
Message 24 of 27
Admin

Buffer is a solid tool!

Max Pete
Seller Community
Message 25 of 27
Super Seller

Yes it is, it has changed how we approach social media. I can make one post for everything, but make each one different. It’s a time saver.

Randy Fulk
Korie's Kloset
Big Bows & Sassy Clothes.
Message 26 of 27
Super Seller

We have done a great job with consistency on social media and it has carried over to this year. We posted a reel with all services mentioned, it did really well, we put money behind it and it is really helping us earn and bring clients in like never before!

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 27 of 27