x
Admin

If you could start your business again, what would you do differently? 🤔

Hey there! 💕Excited to share that one of our Super Sellers@VanKalkerFarms helped us come up with this question:

If you start your business again, what would you do differently? 🤔

giphy (6).gif

We look forward to reading your replies! 👀

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Not to play it safe and to go full bore from the beginning. Also, hire staff immediately so that I don't burn out.

Message 22 of 29
Super Seller

I agree with @CobbStreet, once you decide to start the business, go big or go home. 

Make sure the retail space is large enough and you have enough (and diverse) inventory. 

The original two locations of our store were too small and hidden. Our current location is on Pacific Coast Highway, great visibility, and three times the size of the original location. This allows us to carry much more product, display products better, and provide a much better overall experience. 

It's definitely risky, but planning is key. 

Message 23 of 29
Super Seller

I would have DEFINITELY started TikTok earlier.. the early growth potential was HUGE and I wish I would have jumped on it earlier.

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 24 of 29

Kind of did this when I rebranded after the old team retired. I stopped paying for ads! I've tried newspapers, magazines, online, and even radio. Nothing but one dead-end phone call. All of my new clientele has come from my refer-a-friend program and befriending more successful firms by happenstance when meeting them at the dojo and gym. I now have four firms sending me their overflow.

www.KeenTaxService.com
Chartered Tax Professional and Notary Public
Message 25 of 29
Super Seller

Nothing, still have made it. But because of all my setbacks, I’ll really really appreciate it when I do! 😂😂😂🤣

Message 26 of 29

I wouldn't expand to being larger 😞

Message 27 of 29

I just started in 1 year ago.

Message 28 of 29
Super Seller

We started 35 years ago and lived off credit, I would never do that again we racked up so much credit card debt, that we just cut the cards tightened out belts and lived off beans and rice as Dave Ramsey would say. It took us 6 years to pay the debt off, but we became smarter and more self sufficient money wise. Now I can say it is great running a cash positive business and being debt free.

Randy Fulk
Korie's Kloset
Big Bows & Sassy Clothes.
Message 29 of 29