x
Admin

Question of the Week 2022 Recap: What Should We Ask Next?

There were so many great conversations happening in 2022. From how to handle difficult situations (like disgruntled customers or pricing changes) to sharing tips for promoting and marketing your small businesses, we hope you were inspired and learned something new from reading through the different Questions of the Week. 

As we go down memory lane to revisit some great moments from 2022, let’s see what caught everyone’s attention this year 💖.

Most popular questions this year

Here are the top-three questions that sparked the most conversations:

📱💳 🌍  How would you describe your business with 3 emojis?

246(!) replies. We loved seeing your creativity at play and trying to guess all the different businesses based on the emojis you chose.

❣️ 📑What’s the most important thing you want to achieve as a business owner? 

117 replies. It was amazing to get to know everyone better as a business owner, and while it’s hard to choose, we wanted to share a few of our favorite answers from @elliestreasures @JUYBoutique20 @MysticalMetis @Gay-M-Power:

Screenshot 2022-12-28 at 3.11.05 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-12-28 at 3.13.33 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-12-28 at 3.14.10 PM.pnghttps://www.coastalinspirations.com.au

🎶 🎹 🎷 Do you play music at your business? 

86 replies. From golden oldies to country western and hip-hop, we loved to hear what was on your playlists and how you used music (or not) to establish an atmosphere at your business. 

Question of the Week 2023

This year, conversations were more diverse than ever with community members across the world sharing their unique perspectives — from the Australian bush in Queensland to Ipswich to the Canadian prairies. Reading through the replies every week is one of our favorite activities on the Seller Community team. We hope you have all enjoyed reading one another’s replies and sharing your stories, insights, and experiences with us as much as we have here at Square. 

What were your favorite Questions of the Week? Is there a reply in particular that was inspiring? We’d love to hear from you, so drop us a comment below.

And most importantly,

What should we ask next?

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

You should ask us, the business owners, our suggestions regarding gift card tracking.

Currently you offer no assistance.  You do not notify us when an eCard is sold. You do not provide a list of sold gift cards. You do not provide us a list of completed gift cards.  I am, like many others, completely fed up with your negligence in this area.  I feel very slighted as I was told selling gift cards is so easy. Yet they are so difficult to use and track. I have wasted money purchasing them from you. I allowed cards to be purchased through the holidays this year but will not be extending this further if you continue to ignore our needs in this area. It could be so effective if you would just add this to either the reports section or to the gift cards section.

Please help us!

Message 2 of 15
Super Seller

Hi @SIDL 

I have the Sqaure app downloaded on my phone and I have it set up to alert me when a purchase is made online.  Also, if you go into your payments tab and click gift card you can pull up all gift card info from whatever timeframe you need.  I actually do this mid-year and at the end of the year so I can let those customers know gift cards they purchased for themselves, or as gifts are still activated and can be used at any time....I hope this helps out a bit.

Jacqueline
Owner of Jackie's Uniquely U Boutique
Message 3 of 15
Super Seller

End of the year goals would be a good one, New year goals, Advice to kick off the new year, I always choose a word or phrase for my year, I would love to see if others do and what it would be.  

Jacqueline
Message 4 of 15
Beta Member

This was a great suggestion 

Message 5 of 15

Instead of asking more questions, i feel it is pertinent for square to address the many basic features we have been asking for already. ESPECIALLY if they are going to add yet ANOTHER fee - looking at you shifts+.😒

We are all here to make money, but if you nickel and dime us to death, we will HAVE to choose something else.

Message 6 of 15

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Sorry, I'll see myself out.

Message 7 of 15

Great write up!

Message 8 of 15
Beta Member

I think the most important question for the coming year is "How are you going to guide your business to greater success during the economic turmoil that many top analysts are predicting for the coming year?" 

Message 9 of 15
Super Seller

2023 is going to be a challenging year for many businesses both big and small with plenty of obstacles out there, known and unknown to try and trip companies up. It has never been more important for Square members to have a marketing strategy in place to drive a business forward, building on successes and learning from less successful efforts. With the diminishing spending power of the consumer it would be nice to know what marketing methods and tools will be used to retain existing and capture new customers.

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 10 of 15
Super Seller

I agree

Jacqueline
Message 11 of 15
Super Seller

How do other businesses track their goals to keep on top of them?  I use a few tools but I'm interested to see how other small business owners track their goal progress. 

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 12 of 15
Super Seller

I love this one....

Jacqueline
Message 13 of 15

How to improve the online appointment booking system? The booking system is very cumbersome to use, customers have to drill down mulitple options before they can book appointments.

Message 14 of 15
Beta Member

My permanent catch phrase which ALL my employees know: Work smarter, not harder.

Mary W.
Message 15 of 15