x
Admin

What are your tips for increasing Valentine's Day orders? ❤️🎁🍫

Hi everyone ❤️

Before you know it, Valentine's Day is upon us again. It can be a romantic holiday but also a great excuse to spread the love. With that in mind, we would love to know:

What are you tips for increasing Valentine's Day orders?

Whether it's in-person or online, we want to hear how you are planning for this day! Hopefully you'll find some inspirations in this thread.

Our Square Online team has also prepared a blog post with some handy tips for Valentine's Day — you can find it here. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

My tip for increasing Valentine's Day orders is a mobile app for ordering to increase sales. By providing customers with an easy way to order their Valentine's Day gifts, it will make it much more convenient and less time-consuming for them to purchase their items. Additionally, you could offer incentives such as discounts or free shipping to customers who use the app to order gifts, which would further entice them to use it. By building a mobile app, your customers can also access it from any device, whether they’re at home, in the office, or on the go, which increases the likelihood of customers purchasing their Valentine's Day gifts.

Orda Success Team
https://www.getorda.com
Message 2 of 16
Square

Thanks for the great tips! 

For those who may not want to dedicate the resources to build a mobile app, I also wanted to point out that Square Online has launched many mobile commerce features in the last year to give every Square Online site that "app-like" experience your customers know and love. This includes features like custom site icons your customers can add to their phone's home screen to access your site just like an app, customer accounts and personalized order screens. As always, you can offer discounts and gift options at purchase on your Square Online site as well.  

Message 3 of 16
Super Seller

This weekend I'll be at the salon creating a few Valentine nail art showcases....posting them on our social and a few Facebook groups and bringing in new clients that way...as well as getting our regulars to add onto their regular manicures 🙂

Message 4 of 16
Super Seller

Start planning the events/product offerings early (January 1st or before).  Get them posted on social media and your website beginning of January.  Make it easy for customers to purchase (reduce friction).  Take clear and attractive photos!  If you send a newsletter, Tuesday is the best day to get the most response.

~Cheryl!
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!

Cheryl! Tisland
Burst Of Butterflies Create & Paint Studio

BurstOfButterflies.com
Message 5 of 16
Super Seller

Didn't know Tuesday was a better day for more responses...Thanks for that tip.

Jacqueline
Owner of Jackie's Uniquely U Boutique
Message 6 of 16
Super Seller

We have a scent of the month, and if I do a special scent for Valentines day in February for online orders, that is only a 2 week window of sales.  So this year I made my Valentines Scent for the January Sale and will be reminding customers how this would be great for Valentines day.   This is on top of what we do in store.   I also have a few other ideas for Gift Baskets with Massage oils that we also sell.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 7 of 16
Super Seller

Start promoting early...Post what's coming in on your social sites and website...take preorders if you can.

Jacqueline
Owner of Jackie's Uniquely U Boutique
Message 8 of 16
Square

Great tip! The ability to take pre-orders is now available on paid Square Online plans. Here are the instructions for enabling pre-orders on Square Online, if helpful!

Message 9 of 16

I find that decorating your place and showcasing how your brand celebrates the occasional can really increase sales! 

Ella Ramzi
Message 10 of 16
Admin

Thank you @SecretLashClub! 🎉

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 11 of 16
Super Seller

Usually, I go with a fun window display and some strong social media posts.  This is one holiday that I have a big burst the day of and day before so I can never tell what worked until a few weeks after. 

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 12 of 16
Super Seller

Valentines is always a tough one to guage, with such a short build up. We tend to build stock on the conservative side, especially with the current economic climate. This year we have intentionally designed and worderd our products and campaigns to enable them to provide maximum appeal and longevity for Valentines, galentines, palentines, Mother's day and beyond. We have moved away from the traditional valentines focus, to a love, sharing, caring and friendship to enable us to spread the net as wide as possible for maximum success.

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 13 of 16
Admin

We have moved away from the traditional valentines focus, to a love, sharing, caring and friendship to enable us to spread the net as wide as possible for maximum success.

That is a great tip @phillipsrw, thank you for sharing it! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 14 of 16
Super Seller

I do not have any tips on how to increase sales. If I could I would sell bundled appointments, massage, K-tape, Ultrasound. Nothing says I love you more than treating someones injuries. After all this, I need to sell more gift cards

Ryan Anton Schaffer RMT
www.reginamassagetherapist.com
Message 15 of 16
Super Seller

We run a bring a bestie promo where, if you bring someone with you to your appointment that also wants to tan, you both get 10% off services. Almost double the revenue for the same 30 minute appointment. People come together, experience our salon, and leave with a great service!

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 16 of 16