x
Admin

What business challenges do you face that are unique to your industry? ๐Ÿ’ญ

Helllllloooo! How is it already August??

Today we're wondering...

What business challenges do you face that are unique to your industry? 

Veryyy interested in reading your replies ๐Ÿค“

๏œ๏ธ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 1 of 69
68 REPLIES 68

We are a motel and wish to charge online purchases   but hate the extra fees   can we address this with a hold.

Message 64 of 69

I hate that my "variable" price services can't be featured items on my website through square. It's totally stupid. I can create items at $0 and sell those, and even have customers check out at $0... but, I want to feature my services company with variable prices. We always respond to the "buyer or shopper" directly with a quote specific to their needs.

Why can't I feature variable price services on my page? I'm a mobile business too. Need more "service business" friendly features as square seems heavily locked down to "goods" types of businesses.

Message 65 of 69

I own a hair salon.  We sell services and products.  I don't like having to tell people that if they want to tip me that the automatic percentage buttons tip on the total amount and not just the service.  Clients don't like to tip on product, just service.  I wish we could have that option to choose in our square settings. 

Message 66 of 69
Beta Member

I thought you could change that in settings but I could be wrong. 

Message 67 of 69

I need to be able to have the same item available to a specific group (hidden) for one week prior to everyone else being able to access it (visible).  It would be great to be able to do that when I set up and enter the item.  Right now I can set it up to be hidden and then I have to go back in a week to make it visible.  This is simple if it was one item, but I have a monthly soap release date (visible for all) and the soap release date for special club members (one week early) thru a password protected page. I typically have many items to do this to.  Also, being a homeschooling mother, it can get crazy to remember to be on my computer at 7 am on the switch date in order to make this change happen flawlessly.  So being able to automatically set it up would be great!!!

Secondly,  a "how did you hear about us?" answer box at checkout, for FREE, would be great and simple. More interest would be sparked if we can build a referral list per customer for loyalty reasons and expansions automatically.  

Third, automatically sent emails to one specific person, NOT only groups,  Great for new subscribers, new people who by my soap of the month club membership, and birthday emails.  If these could be sent automatically that would be awesome.  We could set up the email in advance as a campaign and when some has a birthday from a particular group, when someone buys a particular product or someone newly subscribes then the system will automatically send a pre-set up email.  

Fourth,  I think having an option for gift wrapping is great, and the business can choose to add a price to it or not, should be free.  That's a simple line in the checkout.  

These would make my business run SOOOO much smoother.  I am mother of 4, who homeschools and runs this business as well as teaches and plays flute so my time is precious.  These updates would make a world of difference.  

Message 68 of 69

In the aromatherapy/ holistic living business, having strictly an online platform has been challenging. We do appreciate the fact that we were able to build a beautiful website through Square though. We can't afford the overhead of a brick and mortar store front right now while we try to recover from the challenges COVID placed on our small business last year.  Building a customer base has been frustrating to say the least when we had hoped to open a storefront instead of strictly online.๐Ÿ˜ฃ  Needless to say, we continue to persevere.  We've had to brainstorm some very unconventional ways to get our business out there to the public.  We have also felt the pain of suppliers being out of stock of several crucial components to our products (mostly as it relates to packaging them).  I sometimes feel like I spend half my day looking for alternative suppliers instead of trying to reach more customers.

Message 69 of 69