x
Admin

What did you want to be when you grew up?

Hey Sellers of all ages!

Let's break it down old school this week.

giphy

What did you want to be when you grew up?

Did you achieve that?
Did you always imagine running your own business?
Did you think you'd be doing this business?

For me, I never really had anything concrete in mind growing up. I remember in 5th grade we were asked to put something down to be published in our Elementary School Yearbook, and mine was tech related. So definitely not the ice cream store I ran for 18 years, but working at Square is definitely pretty close!

Looking forward to hearing from all of you!

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him
Small Business Evangelist, Square

Join the Square Readers Book Club
Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47
Super Seller

When I was little I wanted to be a teacher and an artist. In some ways I feel like i've already achieved that, but still letting this expand as my business evolves. 

The teacher in me loves to educate my clients about their bodies and alternative health solutions. The artist in me is creating websites and working with small businesses to get them up and running. I've always wanted to work in my own business, and have dabbled in various ideas since I was 18 and old enough to register for an Australian business number. It's exciting at this point to be developing and expanding with new skills and bringing fresh ideas to life. 

@withzinky
Message 43 of 48

• I wanted to work with space and a veterinarian. I would love to start taking pets to space and do both dreams at one time. How awesome would that be?? 
Message 44 of 48
Super Seller

I always knew I would own my own business. My favorite toy as a kid was a toy cash register with a bell and pink paper money. I used to play DinerDash with my brothers - it was our favorite game ever.

I love the service industry - makes sense that I am doing a little bit of the same.

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 45 of 48

I wanted to be in a band when I was up until I was in middle school. I didn’t achieve it (yet) but currently engineer for local artists. 

Message 46 of 48
Super Seller

I suppose it was a firefighter or paramedic (ambulance dude back then). However, as I pondered my future dousing fires, I was pushing mowers, cleaning up job sites, and finding other ways to make my own income and hours...guess it was inevitable. 

Take care of yourself and, as life provides, someone else too.
Message 47 of 48
Beta Member

Wanted to be a race car driver, a musician, an artist/architect, and a cardio-thoracic surgeon, LOL!

Message 48 of 48