x
Admin

What do you want in a mentor? ๐Ÿค”

Hi, Seller Community! Today we'd like to know your thoughts about mentorship:

Obviously experience is important, but what other qualities and traits make a great mentor?

Share your opinions with us below!

Elisabeth (she/they)
Join a Group to connect with other business owners like you!
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Super Seller Alumni

I'm with you on making it a priority for 2023. Burnout's been skulking around again but this time I was more aware of the lead-up and able to mitigate it a little. I like what you said about choice. ๐Ÿ™‚ I think it's really easy to fall into this trap of thinking we don't have much agency when dealing with all the stuff that goes wrong on the reg--sometimes, it's okay to just... not deal with it?

Message 22 of 25
Super Seller

Needed this reminder for myself again today too, @QuokkaCoffee. Burnout is definitely skulking here too...

Michelle Savage
Co-Founder & President
Savage Goods | @savagegoods | savagegoods.com
Message 23 of 25
Super Seller

The best mentors I have had are able to flex their education to the way that I learn. If I am not understanding something or the task is not working, they are able to pivot. 

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 24 of 25
Beta Member

I think a mentor should be available to put aside time to Mentor their mentee. I think they should have qualities as honesty, compassion, ability to give constructive criticism if needed as well as received constructive criticism, caring, knowledgeable, and willingness. They also need to be understanding but also need to become very knowing of their mentee in order for them to be able to guide them in the right direction and to know how to handle situations with them properly.

Message 25 of 25