x
Admin

What does your business do for the Festive/Holiday Season?

Hey Sellers,

It may feel like it's early to think about, but we're more than halfway to the Festive/Holiday Season!

giphy

It's never too early to plan ahead, and we love to inspire here, so:

What does your business do for the Holidays?

Fall & Autumn holidays like Halloween and Thanksgiving; Festive & Winter Holidays like Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, New Years, Boxing Day, and any other holidays that we didn't think of!

Do you decorate your space?
Do you set up special Holiday Themed offerings like menu items or specials?
Do you run Events for your community?

How do you handle staffing and employees' time off?
How you handle long lines or large orders?

How do you promote and market your business during this time?

We'd love to see pictures too, so please share them in the comments!

Looking forward to seeing and hearing what you do.

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him
Small Business Evangelist, Square

Join the Square Readers Book Club
Message 1 of 71
70 REPLIES 70
Admin

Very cool, @HHcsJoe - thanks for sharing!

Do you have any pictures of the holiday table, gift wrapping, snacks, or ornament tree you'd like to share?

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him

Message 43 of 71
Super Seller

Last Halloween we had a dragon built to break out of our attic window.. it breathed fire- it was so **bleep** cool... then we had a whole bunch of monsters in our back yard. Of course- full window display. 

For Christmas we do a full window display with trees and we put lights up.

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 44 of 71
Admin

That sounds absolutely incredible and like a breath-taking display! Thanks for sharing!

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him

Message 45 of 71

Last Halloween we had a dragon created to break out of our attic window.. it breathed fire- it was so **bleep** cool... then we had a whole bunch of creatures in our back yard. Naturally, a full window display.

We create a whole window show with trees and lights for Christmas .

Message 46 of 71
Super Seller

I am going to be hosting a halloween shot - Barbie themed because I think it is going to be huge this year! And we run select promos encouraging people to get into the spirit - wear orange, pajama day, etc

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 47 of 71
Admin

Ah that's so cool! Such a great way to get folks involved and build some hype around your business, @Bronze_Palms !

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him

Message 48 of 71

Most retailers rely on Christmas sales to give their finances that much needed final push through to the end of the financial year, and it's typically around this period that they'll see the biggest intake.

Message 49 of 71
Admin

Absolutely! Thanks so much for sharing @johankhan -- definitely a huge time to maximize income.

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him

Message 50 of 71
Super Seller

I think we are going to do a spooky giveaway and collab with other businesses for it - pumpkin facial, acrylic nails, lashes, etc!

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 51 of 71
Admin

I love it! Thanks for sharing, @Bronze_Palms !
We'd love to see some pictures after!

️ Aylon Pesso, he/him

Message 52 of 71

well said @fontstyle, but i think @johankhan's statement is more valid.

thomas jamies
Message 53 of 71

Having some variety in the decorations and splitting up the work is a smart move! Thank you for sharing this information.

Message 54 of 71

Nothing special, I decorate houses with flowers and other stuff, just give some discount, that's it.

Message 55 of 71

As owners of C'N'H handcrafts and our farm Clove 'N' Hooves we like to add a bit of farm life into our business, so we participate in several in person holiday events in our area. We also have several gift boxes and little stocking stuffers. I love to make fun little flyers for the holidays and add them to each of our orders whether online or in person, this year I designed one staring our pig Ginger.Screenshot (12).png  

Message 56 of 71
Admin

Great pic @freenerik, thank you for sharing! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 57 of 71

Thank you 

Message 58 of 71
Admin

Ginger knows their angle! This is adorable @freenerik ❤️

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 59 of 71

Thank you. She is all personality.

Message 60 of 71

Hello my name is Jillian I'm the owner of Mystical Enchantments LLC. During this time of year since the products I offer can be given as a gift or to yourself since I only Crystal shop / mineral specimens and jewelry etc. I do giveaways for for the holidays and I also make special stockings filled with crystals and jewelry chakra stones and what I do is Mark them down so for instance it would probably be more expensive if you were to buy these items individually instead of if you bought the stocking you're going to automatically get about 25 to 35 dollars off same with my mystery boxes you always get way over the value I find these things are helpful to the customer cuz they get a deal and it also makes your sales go up because who wouldn't want $50 worth of crystals for $25 lol Happy Holidays everyone!!! 

Message 61 of 71
Beta Member

Hi so it really depends on what your will to spend and give there a lot of ideas but it’s easier to give ideas when you know what is the budget and what you offer.

Message 62 of 71
Beta Member

My business sells boxes hoilday gift set bundles .Customers seem to like having not a gift that's already put together and boxed.

Message 63 of 71