x
Admin

โ€Œ๐Ÿค‘ What has been the most profitable promotion for your business? ๐Ÿท

Hey Seller Community ๐ŸŒŸ 

Happy Wednesday! Today, we're hoping to learn...

โ€ŒWhat has been the most profitable promotion for your business? 

Some examples are: buy one get one free, flash sale, end of year sale, first time discount, etc.

giphy (1).gif 

Looking forward to reading and learning from your replies ๐Ÿง  

๏œ๏ธ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 1 of 68
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Here's my contribution!!! We started this years ago as way to boost slow days and increase social media engagement. Now, my customers wait anxiously for these type of sales to be posted. Your an do them whenever you'd like, on a schedule, or sporadically...

Feel free to steal this. I feel as if I have come up with it, (over 10 years ago) but have often seen it done many different ways since I've started it as well... It's something we like to call a Secret Sale. For example: Mention this post (Facebook or IG, or Email, or Text Message if utilizing text message marketing) in store today and get XXX for just $5.00 (Regularly $10.00 each).... Secret Sales are exclusively for Social Media Fans & Email Subscribers and are not advertised in store. Sale price valid XXX, Jan XX, 2022 only. Limit XX (item description) per customer per day at promo price. 

My Facebook seems like such a mess to me right now... but you can certainly visit my page to see the post in action. The algorithm has thrown off a lot of my like counts and organic engagement, but Ill tell you first hand the numbers are up when these type of sales are posted. www.facebook.com/bluntzerfruitstand 

That's basically the setup. Include a great pic of the item on sale. Perhaps with text overlaid. It has really helped to push out soon to expire items, excess stock of items, or boost particularly slow days. You can also do this with a storewide or category specific percentage off!

View Best Answer >

Message 21 of 68
67 REPLIES 67

This is a great idea!  Tuesday's are typically our slowest day of the week and this might be something to help boost sales on that particular day.  ๐Ÿ˜

Thanks for sharing your idea!

Tracey

Owner of Paws Up 

Message 22 of 68
Super Seller

Great tip. Thanks!!

Message 23 of 68
Super Seller

this is genius - best answer for those of us who use social as our marketing tool. Do you have influencers as well? Curious how that could layer into your social media and fruit business.

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 24 of 68
Super Seller Alumni

This is a great idea. I'd also add that along these same lines, when we had a brick and mortar, we'd advertise sales for "The next 3 hours only" throughout the day on Saturdays only on our social media pages. The customer would have to show us the post to get the price during that time period. No holds on anything, but we did let them purchase over the phone. As long as it was prepaid, we'd hold it for 3 days. We often did this when we had 1-offs left, or a particular piece wasn't moving well. We'd give a discount worthy of attention, and it sold every single time. People started looking for those particular posts, and it brought in a lot of business on Saturdays.

Message 25 of 68

I read this and went โ€œoooh!โ€ I love it!!

Message 26 of 68

Thank you this is great

Message 27 of 68

I love this program.  I can see how it would bring in those who follow, but never quite make it in.

We will be doing this as soon as we open!  Thanks Busy Bee Frozen Custard Ice Cream

Message 28 of 68

I use this for boosts for my services, but I have a "Word of the Week" promotion. I'm a massage therapist, so I will use a word related to my profession in my posts once a day. They have to find it. When they book, they save $5 for each find. They must send us the link to the post. 

Message 29 of 68

Gift cards!!!!!

Message 30 of 68

I increased my overall sales by adding radio advertisement. I plan to branch out into other avenues of marketing as well. 

Message 31 of 68

We have a local granite quarry with a unique pink granite that is used in many famous places.  A local artist has been making products for years and we have an exclusive agreement with him.  They are lovely items but we never put them on sale.  We took years worth of his slightly irregular pieces and did a special geared toward locals during our slow season.  This allowed them to get items a deep discount for themselves.  Most were not gift quality.  We sold everything including some pieces from the regular collection and helped get the word out that we were the place to go to find local granite items.

Instagram has been generally a good source to get people to the area and the store, as our setting is right on the water and we are in a historic building.  Pictures of the area always do well and many people follow our account for that reason.

Our best print conversions are always articles about us, our shop, or unique products in magazines.  Paid print ads have done best as single item listings in local holiday gift guides or guides that list things to do in the area during a particular season as these are distributed as an insert in a free paper delivered to all local residents.  These inserts are often saved to use for reference for activities all season, and we see many people bring them in with our product that they have seen,  Another new one for us but seems promising so far is a tourism guide for the closest city to our business.  It is more expensive but is widely distributed all year long.  

The least effective ads have been directly printed in local papers,  I think the quality of the pictures and the amount of other ads and articles that may not be of interest to people, make them quickly discarded for the next paper.

Heather

Message 32 of 68

Offering a percentage off of our products to returning customers and offering a referral discount to regular customers when their referrals actually purchase items. 

Message 33 of 68

Online holiday sales help or snow days when you canโ€™t get to the shop which is rare in Tn but we are currently experiencing.  You are closed but forwarded phones can allow for processing square online gift cards.  As for media Iโ€™ve said this to all of my clients best bang for the buck is a 4x8 banner period.  Clear message on something you are trying to promote.  Keep it clean and to the point.  Banners are very inexpensive.  150-200.  In one week we had over 20 extra orders because of the banner, when the customers were asked; which a couple orders paid for the banner.  You will thank me later.

Message 34 of 68
Beta Member

We do a buy more save more promotion that starts at a 5% discount for spending $25 and goes up to a 25% discount at max tier.  We setup all of our promos as Facebook Events and boost them, as well as email to our list.  Signage for the promo goes up at closing the night before as we get a lot of foot traffic and it's always resulted in the most success. We also do mystery sales that range from 5 -50% discounts the customer pulls a slip when they are ready to check out. T&C on that one are strict - no adding to the sale once the discount is pulled and if you opt not to purchase something after the discount is pulled the full discount is forfeited.  

Message 35 of 68

Did a flash weekend sale during December a few weeks before Christmas that went off great. 

Message 36 of 68
Super Seller

We have had major success with Friday Night Sales live on Instagram. During that sale we show all our new inventory and offer 15% off to all those that buy during that time. 

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 37 of 68
Super Seller

For 2021 I really focused on building a strong newsletter following.  I consistently posted 1 newsletter a week, offered a discount at signup and then special sales and announcements in the newsletter. It worked great for me.  The day following the newsletter going out I notice an increase in online sales as well as people coming in to the shop to ask about things from the newsletter. 

I work solo so I didn't have time for this so I hired a girl online to create the newsletters for me.  I send her a spreadsheet every quarter of themes and promos.  She sends the newsletter over on Tuesdays, I looked them over add/subtract things and then schedule them for Thursdays.  I'm very happy with the results and sales increase. 

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 38 of 68

Doran do you mind what kind of business you run. I have a salon business and I am trying to start a newsletter. Any tips you can provide on the content strategy. Thanks in advance.

Message 39 of 68

Hi,

I have been thinking about doing a newsletter but as a solo businessman, I have not had the time to do it. I own a bakery called Black Dog Sweet Shop. I bake for humans and their pets. I would love to see an example of your newsletter. Would you mind emailing one to me? will@bdsweetshop.com

Thanks,

Will

Will Pike
Message 40 of 68

Commercial Videos BY FAR!

Anywhere I post them I get leads. They appeal so much better than any designed ad. Gruvy Graphics Does Great "Super Bowl Type" Business Commercials Ads. I tried the ones wix has, but they're a little generic. Good for personal projects tho.

Message 41 of 68

Commercial Video's by far!   Anywhere I post them they get mad views and develop more leads.  Gruvy Graphics does some of the best "Super Bowl Type" 15sec. commercials in my opinion.  I tried wix but didn't like the templates.

Message 42 of 68