x
Admin

โ€Œ๐Ÿค‘ What has been the most profitable promotion for your business? ๐Ÿท

Hey Seller Community ๐ŸŒŸ 

Happy Wednesday! Today, we're hoping to learn...

โ€ŒWhat has been the most profitable promotion for your business? 

Some examples are: buy one get one free, flash sale, end of year sale, first time discount, etc.

giphy (1).gif 

Looking forward to reading and learning from your replies ๐Ÿง  

๏œ๏ธ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 1 of 68
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Here's my contribution!!! We started this years ago as way to boost slow days and increase social media engagement. Now, my customers wait anxiously for these type of sales to be posted. Your an do them whenever you'd like, on a schedule, or sporadically...

Feel free to steal this. I feel as if I have come up with it, (over 10 years ago) but have often seen it done many different ways since I've started it as well... It's something we like to call a Secret Sale. For example: Mention this post (Facebook or IG, or Email, or Text Message if utilizing text message marketing) in store today and get XXX for just $5.00 (Regularly $10.00 each).... Secret Sales are exclusively for Social Media Fans & Email Subscribers and are not advertised in store. Sale price valid XXX, Jan XX, 2022 only. Limit XX (item description) per customer per day at promo price. 

My Facebook seems like such a mess to me right now... but you can certainly visit my page to see the post in action. The algorithm has thrown off a lot of my like counts and organic engagement, but Ill tell you first hand the numbers are up when these type of sales are posted. www.facebook.com/bluntzerfruitstand 

That's basically the setup. Include a great pic of the item on sale. Perhaps with text overlaid. It has really helped to push out soon to expire items, excess stock of items, or boost particularly slow days. You can also do this with a storewide or category specific percentage off!

View Best Answer >

Message 21 of 68
67 REPLIES 67
Beta Member

Facebook Ads, mixed with text messaging, and radio Ads, have worked well for us.  As we move into more urban areas as a company, we plan to trade the radio ads for Hulu Ads.   We also have email campaigns, and make sure that our search results stay where they belong. 

Message 2 of 68
Admin

another interesting avenue when looking to swap out radio for something... podcast ads 

๏œ๏ธ Hailey
Seller Community Marketing Manager
Square Seller Community
Message 3 of 68
Super Seller

I'm looking into podcast ads right now actually! I think this is a great option, especially since radio (much like cable) is being fazed out by generations. We really are in the Spotify and streaming service age.

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 4 of 68

This is a great one Penny. Iโ€™m in Canada, so I need to find Podcasts that can do ads for me as well. Thanks

Message 5 of 68
Beta Member

Facebook ads was terrible for me. Google Adwords has been good to me though. 

My FB business ads account got permanently locked over a year ago and that was the end of that. Ive tried pretty fruitlessly to reach a real human who can actually help. 

Message 6 of 68
Beta Member

I have come back to say that I got back into facebook.  The cost per conversion is crushing what google gives me. So complete 180 there.  Although I split my ad spend between both platforms in case something happens with one I wont be totally crippled. 

Message 7 of 68
Super Seller

Love this blend! How have radio ads and Hulu ads compared? Very curious about both as you market for a local business!

Message 8 of 68

How much does a Hulu ad cost? 

Message 9 of 68

Delphina Designs best seller promotions:  in-person talking to customers.  Instagram will be my priority for 2022.

Message 10 of 68

Arkansas Hive Wright: I Make a quality product and I get more business from other beekeepers that spread the word of what I make. Quality will always win over quantity in the long run. 

Message 11 of 68

We are a baby product company and we will be launching a collection of baby onesies, clothes and toys that are bee themed. Our products are all 100% organic and I have been so curious to try to get the word out to bee keepers and similar interest minded people.  Do you have any suggestions on where this niche "hangs out" digitally speaking? 

here is an example of two or our products that are already in the market but we have a gorgeous print coming out soon too.

https://www.finnandemma.com/products/graphic-bodysuit-bumble-bee-kind

https://www.finnandemma.com/products/long-sleeve-graphic-bodysuit-bee-mine?variant=411[Redacted]

I thought I would ask...

SMS has been incredibly good for us...

D

Message 12 of 68
Super Seller

Facebook groups are a gold mine! Most groups will allow promotion once a week and the groups out there are endless and specific. I would definitely recommend those for promotion @finnandemma 

Message 13 of 68

Buy one get one free, but you must bring the person with you that you are giving the free smoothie to.

That has worked extremely well for us. We were also able to offer samples with this which ended with food purchases and repeat customers.

Message 14 of 68
Super Seller

Love it!!

Message 15 of 68
Beta Member

We did something similar with spray tans. It didnt take people long to start abusing that lol.  

Message 16 of 68
Beta Member

Free local delivery! That typically gives us a 300% increase in sales.

Message 17 of 68

That is a great idea!

Message 18 of 68
Super Seller

What constitutes as local for you? Does this impact your margins since employees do drop offs? Curious if it is offset by the increase in volume. Thanks!

Message 19 of 68
Beta Member

I was thinking you were food, but I guess you could do anything. 

Beats giving doordash their high cut. 

Message 20 of 68

Best Answer

Here's my contribution!!! We started this years ago as way to boost slow days and increase social media engagement. Now, my customers wait anxiously for these type of sales to be posted. Your an do them whenever you'd like, on a schedule, or sporadically...

Feel free to steal this. I feel as if I have come up with it, (over 10 years ago) but have often seen it done many different ways since I've started it as well... It's something we like to call a Secret Sale. For example: Mention this post (Facebook or IG, or Email, or Text Message if utilizing text message marketing) in store today and get XXX for just $5.00 (Regularly $10.00 each).... Secret Sales are exclusively for Social Media Fans & Email Subscribers and are not advertised in store. Sale price valid XXX, Jan XX, 2022 only. Limit XX (item description) per customer per day at promo price. 

My Facebook seems like such a mess to me right now... but you can certainly visit my page to see the post in action. The algorithm has thrown off a lot of my like counts and organic engagement, but Ill tell you first hand the numbers are up when these type of sales are posted. www.facebook.com/bluntzerfruitstand 

That's basically the setup. Include a great pic of the item on sale. Perhaps with text overlaid. It has really helped to push out soon to expire items, excess stock of items, or boost particularly slow days. You can also do this with a storewide or category specific percentage off!

Message 21 of 68