x
Admin

โ€Œ๐Ÿค‘ What has been the most profitable promotion for your business? ๐Ÿท

Hey Seller Community ๐ŸŒŸ 

Happy Wednesday! Today, we're hoping to learn...

โ€ŒWhat has been the most profitable promotion for your business? 

Some examples are: buy one get one free, flash sale, end of year sale, first time discount, etc.

giphy (1).gif 

Looking forward to reading and learning from your replies ๐Ÿง  

๏œ๏ธ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 1 of 68
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Here's my contribution!!! We started this years ago as way to boost slow days and increase social media engagement. Now, my customers wait anxiously for these type of sales to be posted. Your an do them whenever you'd like, on a schedule, or sporadically...

Feel free to steal this. I feel as if I have come up with it, (over 10 years ago) but have often seen it done many different ways since I've started it as well... It's something we like to call a Secret Sale. For example: Mention this post (Facebook or IG, or Email, or Text Message if utilizing text message marketing) in store today and get XXX for just $5.00 (Regularly $10.00 each).... Secret Sales are exclusively for Social Media Fans & Email Subscribers and are not advertised in store. Sale price valid XXX, Jan XX, 2022 only. Limit XX (item description) per customer per day at promo price. 

My Facebook seems like such a mess to me right now... but you can certainly visit my page to see the post in action. The algorithm has thrown off a lot of my like counts and organic engagement, but Ill tell you first hand the numbers are up when these type of sales are posted. www.facebook.com/bluntzerfruitstand 

That's basically the setup. Include a great pic of the item on sale. Perhaps with text overlaid. It has really helped to push out soon to expire items, excess stock of items, or boost particularly slow days. You can also do this with a storewide or category specific percentage off!

View Best Answer >

Message 21 of 68
67 REPLIES 67

His

Message 64 of 68

We add promos to days or times that tend to be slower using our Square to track these period live and post promos to social media.

Message 65 of 68

I'm currently a massage therapist, and to shift the mindset and thought of massage I've run the following promotions for at least 2 years: 

12 Days of Christmas (11 years): Starting December 12 until December 23, every day is a new sale and it count down the previous sales. Some days the deals can be combined with previous deals. Each day, begins with, "On the ___ day of Christmas, my massage therapist gave to me...", and I either do a video listing the sales or a post. TOP SALES every year. 

Word of the Week (2 years): Each week, I have a featured word that we highlight at the beginning of the week. We make 7 random posts during the week with the word and if folks find it, they get $5 for each one they find. They must show us the posts. And we do a special bonus for the first person to find all 7 posts with the word of the week.  People love the challenges and it increases engagement

Midnight Muscle (5 years): Randomly, twice a month, at midnight, I will put up a picture of a muscle of the body and the first person to correctly identify the muscle or answer a question I may ask, will receive a 50% off coupon. It's amazing how people look forward to it. I thought of this randomly. I announce around 6pm the day of the sale. 

March Madness (3 years): I attach a sale to each of the Sweet 16 schools in the playoffs. Clients buy a playoff/raffle ticket for $5, choosing a school they think will win it all. As long as the schools are still in the tournament, you can get their sale. When schools are eliminated, so is the sale attached to the. If your raffle pick is the tournament champion, you get a 90 minute session for free. You can buy multiple tickets and pick different schools (and clients do). 

Message 66 of 68

Promotion: 2 for X amount of dollars. Example: Buy one for 15.00, get 2 for $25.00. 

Message 67 of 68

As a farmer who grows and sells fruits, vegetables, Raw Honey, and chicken eggs..., in addition to having my farm stands set up at multiple markets around 3 different communities each week, in 2022 I set up a farm stand on the farm.  To promote business, we had a grand opening with live band, kids diving into big piles of straw looking for quarters, candy, and packets of seeds.  Each week I would do something different. The following week we had "Come Paint Bee Hives" on the farm, promoting our farm and a local painting artist. Next was "Come Get Your Haircut" on the farm, promoting our farm and a local hair dresser. It made a huge improvement in our annual revenue.

Farmer_Rob

Message 68 of 68