x
Admin

What is your busiest day of the week? Why? ๐Ÿ’ญ

Today we're wondering...

What is the busiest day of the week at your business? Why do you think that day is the busiest? Is it specific to your industry? 

This is applicable to online sales too ๐Ÿ’•Can't wait to read your replies! โœจ

giphy (9).gif

๏œ๏ธ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Thursday! I have a spray tan and teeth whitening salon and everyone tans on Thursday to get ready for the weekend. It's pretty much the same for all of us in the sunless tanning space. 

Message 2 of 32
Super Seller

Thursday for me too!  All my clients like to get their lashes done before the weekend and I think tourists come into town on the same day so we have more walk-ins on Thursdays than any other day.  

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 3 of 32

good

Message 4 of 32
Super Seller

Our biggest day is Saturday, Then Friday, then Sunday.  Our Garden center gets busier on the weekends as people with more normal 9-5 jobs can come in.  Being seasonal also means everything happens in a very short period of time.  83% of our retail income comes in May.

2021 chart.jpg

Message 5 of 32
Super Seller

My busiest payment day seems to be on Thursdays and Fridays.  But Monday seems to trump those days as far as actual work goes. Playing catch up to emails, voicemails, online sales on top of previously scheduled work for a Monday always seems to make it more interesting.

Nothing really specific according to my industry, as much as my scheduling and hours of operation.

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 6 of 32
Super Seller

Surprisingly to me, it is Sunday by a small margin.  Of course, Friday through Sunday are the busiest days, but considering that I run an Ice Cream Bar that includes adult versions of frozen treats, that is not unusual.  Having said all of that, every week is different because we have a walkup window and outdoor-only seating.  So weather trumps every other consideration, which is logical.  If the weather is great all week, Tuesday through Thursday are about equal in sales, followed by Friday, then Saturday, then Sunday.  I think that the Sunday sales are much boosted by the fact that we are one of the only โ€œlateโ€ ice cream shops nearby.  Everyone else closes early on Sundays, and we always close consistently at 11pm.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piperโ€™s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook

โ€œTake what you like, take what works, leave the rest!โ€
Message 7 of 32
Super Seller Alumni

What a cool concept with adult bevs and ice cream! Something for the whole family!

Craft Beer Pub & Pizza Spot
Village of Manlius, NY

http://awwander.com
IG: @awwander
FB: @awwandermanlius
Message 8 of 32
Super Seller

Being 100% honest... none of them ๐Ÿคฃ

Things aren't going great right now for MJD Online, but I'm sure it'll pick up soon! 

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 9 of 32
Super Seller

Booo. Sending you positive vibes from the other side of the pond! 

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 10 of 32
Admin

Retweet what @ryanwanner said @MJD โšก๏ธ

๏œ๏ธ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 11 of 32

owww i am very sorry i am sure things will get better

Message 12 of 32
Super Seller

Coffee and breakfast joint here... definitely Saturday and Sundays for me.

In fact, we see double the weekday sales on the two weekend days. Our place goes from zero to "where did all these people come from" pretty quickly on the weekends!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 13 of 32
Beta Member

This year, it's Thursday! I am not sure exactly why, but my in-salon scheduled changed this past year, twice. 

Monday is my early and short day. Tuesday is my late day. Thursday is my ideal schedule day. 

I would love a feature in Square that would allow me to see exactly why that day was my busiest. I can capture the specifics from my spreadsheets where I enter in all information on a daily basis, but that would take more time than I am willing to devote to the task. 

Message 14 of 32
Super Seller

Thursdays have been busier for me too this year! 

Have you explored Reports? Iโ€™m with you: I love love love my Excel spreadsheets. However, I have found in recent years that I get good info on my reports on Square. Are you working on a desktop or tablet when youโ€™re doing your reporting? Often you can hover over days of the week, which in turn gives you some insight on the day. 

Jess
Hair Designer | Certified Trichologist

Visit My Website - Jess Poynter Style and Solutions
Check out the magic on Instagram - @JESS.POYNTER
Make an impact on Facebook - @JPSTYLESOLUTIONS
Message 15 of 32
Beta Member

Wednesday by far. Khahan's Americana is a hobby/collectable store with New Release comic books, Trades, Manga and generally Funko Pops! all having a Wednesday street date. It all arrives on Tuesday so that's our biggest work day.

Message 16 of 32
Super Seller Alumni

Fridays have been pretty intense at our pub (twice as busy as any normal day.) We are seeing a good deal of in-person dining, and still churning out online orders for pickup/delivery. Customers also buy a bunch of beer to-go for weekend gatherings.

Thursday is quickly becoming a busier day for us... We're currently operating Wed-Sat but keep debating on adding additional days. It's a tough call, because I believe there is that tipping point where the extra labor and time spent may not necessarily scale to the revenue needed--but we don't know until we open up and try!

Craft Beer Pub & Pizza Spot
Village of Manlius, NY

http://awwander.com
IG: @awwander
FB: @awwandermanlius
Message 17 of 32

Hello,

This is a brand new business so I would not be able to give you an accurate assessment at this time. If I had to guess I would say that Thursday and Friday are to this point the 2 busiest days for me. Again, I can't answer this question with any more detail because I've barely opened my doors.

Message 18 of 32
Super Seller Alumni

Our busiest day of the week is Saturday.  It's a great day for families to come out to the Zoo and they tend to do so on Saturday mornings & afternoons.

Message 19 of 32
Beta Member

Wednesdays. New comics and graphic novels come out on Wednesdays and we see the majority of our subscription clients. Saturdays are a strong second.

Message 20 of 32
Super Seller

Pre-Covid usually Saturdays as I'd be at some kind of pop up sale on Saturdays! 

Sammy Grace

Please Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 21 of 32