x
Alumni

What is your word or phrase for the year?

Happy 2023! 💫

This week's question is inspired by Super Seller @JUYBoutique20's suggestion: 

What is your word or phrase for the year? 

bc74f7f280519e51a33b65979a173fe2.jpg

Share with us below! 

Ani
Gestora de la Comunidad de Vendedores / Seller Community Manager, Square
Message 1 of 70
69 REPLIES 69
Super Seller

Thanks so much...My friends and I always add our word or phrase of the year to our vision board...My word for the year is redefine....Redefining give you the opportunity to look at all things differently and evolve...

Jacqueline
Owner of Jackie's Uniquely U Boutique
Message 2 of 70
Alumni

Great choice, @JUYBoutique20. Very inspiring! 

Ani
Message 3 of 70
Super Seller

Thanks!!!

Jacqueline
Owner of Jackie's Uniquely U Boutique
Message 4 of 70
Beta Member

TRUST

Message 5 of 70
Super Seller

I saw this on a TikTok recently "I am so lucky. Everything always works out for me" Last year was a battle and more negative than I'd like. So I want to be more optimistic, even through the challenges. 

Ali Kenis

Sugar Lab Bakeshop

Follow me on Instagram

Celebrating Since 2012
Message 6 of 70
Super Seller

love this! So much of life is about perspective, and this feels like it's the beginning of reframing a lot of potentially frustrating things. I'm going to be keeping this in mind!

Michelle Savage
Co-Founder & President
Savage Goods | @savagegoods | savagegoods.com
Message 7 of 70

Compassion

Message 8 of 70

Centered

Message 9 of 70

Balance!

Message 10 of 70

My word is savor...life, food, moments, nature, family, friends...

Message 11 of 70
Alumni

@fullstrengthkat Beautiful! 💛 It's a good reminder to be present and enjoy what's around you. 

Ani
Message 12 of 70
Super Seller

Community.... we are continuing to create a place for self-growth and balancing in the community. 

Message 13 of 70
Super Seller

I love this question.

My word of the year is Integrated-CONNECTION.  I own a beauty business and interact with so many exceptional individuals. I aspire to connect everyone to someone who can help them with a challenge in their own life...someone needing a lawyer or accountant or in-home help.  The "integrated" part is using alll of the courses and education I've paid for and integrating that into my business and life.

Alicia | PEINT
@getpeinted
Message 14 of 70
Super Seller

Just keep swimming!

dory_nemo.jpg

Michael
New Light Photography | SUB Photo | Square fan
Message 15 of 70
Alumni

@Michael_L Yes!! That quote never gets old 🐠

Ani
Message 16 of 70

Wheeeeee!

Message 17 of 70
Super Seller

The phrase that has kept popping into mind during this first week of the year has been "Create Space." I have been feeling so cluttered and overwhelmed (digitally, physically, mentally), and I keep feeling this urge to clean house. Clear out old ways of thinking, being, working -- creating space to breathe, think, dream, do, and rest. It's been informing a lot of my decisions, and been really front of mind as I make the small decisions of how to spend my time.

Michelle Savage
Co-Founder & President
Message 18 of 70
Alumni

@mksavage I love this, Michelle! I can totally relate to the feeling of overwhelmness/clutter and wanting to clean the house non-stop (especially with a one year old running around pulling everything in sight 🤣). Keeping "Create Space" as a mental note for myself as well. Thanks for sharing! 

Ani
Message 19 of 70
Super Seller

I feel your pain, @Ani_ ! I have a 3-year-old who loves to play and build and explore...which is so fun -- but also leads to SO much clutter! It honestly gets to the place where between my inbox, crazy desk, to-do list, and the toys... well, you can imagine, haha. Ready to "clear the decks" as my mom would say -- mentally and physically (and digitally!).

Michelle Savage
Co-Founder & President
Message 20 of 70
Super Seller

Fun one @Ani_!  It seems like I'm always struggling to finish ideas and launch them. I don't have a phrase for it, but the idea is to reduce pressure on implementing new ideas, learn quicker, adjust, and keep learning. 

Well, not creative enough to grab a cool name so: 25 - 70 - go - improve

Get a clear vision in place

Get it 25% toward implementation

Turn it over (delegate 🫣) empower someone to take it to 70% and launch it

Let the world tell you how to improve the idea and keep going

I've got a long way to go before I get this right but this idea is giving a little release to the perfectionist, over-achiever in me from feeling like I have to have it all just right before implementing only to find out I didn't think of everything. We're gonna make mistakes, embrace them, move to market more quickly and watch to succeed quickly or fail quickly, learn and repeat. 

Take care of yourself and, as life provides, someone else too.
Message 21 of 70