x
Admin

What platform do you receive the most customer reviews on? ๐Ÿ“

Hiiiii Seller Community. Hope everyone is having a fabulous week wherever you are ๐ŸŒŽ 

This week we'd like to know....

What platform do you receive the most customer reviews on? Yelp? Google? Square Customer Feedback?

Looking forward to learning from you all ๐Ÿค“

๏œ๏ธ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 1 of 68
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hello

Please please please allow a link on the receipt for Google reviews. Everybody knows including the people that posted on this thread Google is the first choice.

We have hundreds of great Square reviews and thatโ€™s what they are. They sit there no one sees it. 

Google can supply a link to reviews all square has to do is allow it on the receipt. 

ALSO MAKE IT CLICKABLE AND LET US REMOVE THE SQUARE LINK. So itโ€™s not confusing anybody.

Google reviews for everyone that uses Square! Team square make it happen! These likes are undeniable!

Thank you

View Best Answer >

Message 30 of 68
67 REPLIES 67
Beta Member

Google, followed by Square. Yelp didn't seem to be the place for this used bookstore.

Message 2 of 68

Google, Square, Yelp, BBB.

Message 3 of 68

Google, followed by Square

Message 4 of 68
Super Seller Alumni

Definitely Google, to the great surprise of our social media consultant who's currently based in North America! Apparently Yelp and TripAdvisor are more relevant platforms for cafes there. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿป

Message 5 of 68
Super Seller

Definitely google is my top review platform,  then Facebook, yelp I canโ€™t ever get them to stick. 
Iโ€™m also using next door app, & then Zola for weddings. 

Message 6 of 68
Super Seller

Google by a 2-1 margin.  Then Facebook, then Yelp.  I donโ€™t know about anyone else, but Iโ€™m noticing that Yelp seems to be in decline.  A few years ago my website traffic came mostly from Yelp.  Now Yelp is a very small portion of the traffic coming to my web site, also, not just a small portion of reviews.

Having said all of that, personally Iโ€™m not a fan of review sites.  Never have been, and never have left a review on one.  If I want to praise or complain, I do it personally, in the moment.  Iโ€™ve found that too many people feel empowered by the anonymity of review sites.  Everyone is an expert, especially if they like to complain.  โ€œThose who can, do.  Those who canโ€™t, leave bad reviews.โ€  Ha.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piperโ€™s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook

โ€œTake what you like, take what works, leave the rest!โ€
Message 7 of 68
Admin

I used to heavily rely on Yelp to determine where I would eat. Lately, it seems like more and more businesses aren't utilizing it, and folks just aren't leaving reviews there anymore. As of late, I've relied a lot more on Google Reviews. It feels like Yelp and Google Reviews have swapped in popularity. 

I'm a VISUAL person though, I need those pixxx before I decide where to eat. 

Message 8 of 68

1) Facebook 2) Google 3) Square

Message 9 of 68

Google gets the most. I haven't tried using square for reviews. Next it's a tie between Yelp and BBB.

Message 10 of 68
Super Seller

I receive most reviews on Facebook then it's Square.  People don't leave reviews as much as they did before.  I think they let you know how they feel by repeat visits or not coming back.

Jacqueline
Owner of Jackie's Uniquely U Boutique
Message 11 of 68
Super Seller

Our Airbnb experience listing then Google.

Deanna [they/them]

MudFire CEO | Square enthusiast

Visit me at MudFire online
Message 12 of 68
Admin

I NEVER EVEN THOUGHT OF AIRBNB experiences! Great market @MudFire_Deanna ๐ŸŒŸ

Message 13 of 68
Super Seller

Google FTW...  I designed mirror hangers for customer vehicles that are placed there once the job is done,  and implemented a QR code on the back side that leads directly to google review. 

I don't pressure customers for reviews, if they leave one awesome, if not it is what it is.  Nothing bugs me more than 4+ emails asking me how my visit was somewhere.

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 14 of 68
Super Seller

Google and Facebook primarily,

Go back 5 years and trip advisor was the platform of choice, not so much now. Much of our contact and promotion with customers is still via facebook and hence that makes sense. With google, we are a bit of a destination, and as such, google maps is often how people find us. This coupled with the ease of giving feedback is likely the reason for this one.

Interestingly, when we first started business, there seems to be a certain demographic that get a thrill out of giving bad reviews for little or no reason - I guess due to the influence they can have on your overall rating. As time goes on, this becomes less relevant and they just look silly posting in a bunch of good reviews...

So for those just starting out - you've just gotta ride it out... they will crawl back into their caves soon enough ๐Ÿ˜„

Bruce

Bruce Wilson
Owner | Vigneron | Distiller
Message 15 of 68
Super Seller

Amen, @lawnbrook.  Ride it out is best.  Sometimes you just have to call someone out when they are being rude, or mean-spirited, or downright deceitful.  By and large, though, it is usually not wise to go down any public forum rabbit holes.  That rarely ends well for the business.  Iโ€™ll admit weโ€™ve done it a few times, but those are rare and always well-deserved on the OPโ€™s part.

People will complain about the oddest things.  We had one give us a 1-star review when we served food, because our ketchup was home-made and NOT HEINZ!  So much for a man with discerning taste buds, much less one Iโ€™d ever want to get dining advice from!  LOL

After a few years, and 4.75+ stars, you realize that you just donโ€™t care as much anymore.  Thatโ€™s not a bad thing.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piperโ€™s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook

โ€œTake what you like, take what works, leave the rest!โ€
Message 16 of 68
Beta Member

I have a friend that owns a local service business, if someone left a 1 star review he would be comically rude to them in the reply and then name a discount or product or beverage after them. Aka "The Salty Susan" drink or other similar. 

Sometimes he would post on Instagram with a last minute promotion of the new item.  

It was a strange tactic but I think putting people on blast like that works for his bar.  Instead of reading the 1 star review customers are too busy laughing at the owners response.   

Message 17 of 68

Omg we had a rash of complainers the first 6 months of this year and tanked our rating.  I mean did Covid just make people mean and want to do nothing but complain about eeeeverything?  I've been grooming dogs for 36 years and the people and the level of respect towards professionals has completely tanked.  oh they shaved my dog! Y'know because it was my fault they didn't brush the dog at home and waited 6 months to get it groomed or think it's too expensive because someone forced them get $3K mutt that required costly grooming? ๐Ÿคฃ

Message 18 of 68
Beta Member

There's a palpable difference in people's attitudes and moods, more so than ever lately. You can definitely feel an uptick in tension and hostility, it's palpable. Rather concerning, to put it mildly.

From Italy, with Garlic! Americano
Message 19 of 68

Google and Facebook

Message 20 of 68

Still waiting for my first review. ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 21 of 68