x
Admin

What platform do you receive the most customer reviews on? ๐Ÿ“

Hiiiii Seller Community. Hope everyone is having a fabulous week wherever you are ๐ŸŒŽ 

This week we'd like to know....

What platform do you receive the most customer reviews on? Yelp? Google? Square Customer Feedback?

Looking forward to learning from you all ๐Ÿค“

๏œ๏ธ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 1 of 68
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hello

Please please please allow a link on the receipt for Google reviews. Everybody knows including the people that posted on this thread Google is the first choice.

We have hundreds of great Square reviews and thatโ€™s what they are. They sit there no one sees it. 

Google can supply a link to reviews all square has to do is allow it on the receipt. 

ALSO MAKE IT CLICKABLE AND LET US REMOVE THE SQUARE LINK. So itโ€™s not confusing anybody.

Google reviews for everyone that uses Square! Team square make it happen! These likes are undeniable!

Thank you

View Best Answer >

Message 30 of 68
67 REPLIES 67
Beta Member

Itโ€™ll come, donโ€™t worry! ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 22 of 68

I'm actually just starting.  I did my first craft show in May and set my store up online shortly after.  I haven't had time to really focus on it, but I have sold two things since I opened the store.  Now with summer and my dance classes finished, I can focus a little more on my online shop!  

I also have my second craft show in November!

Message 23 of 68
Super Seller

Google, then Square. Last Yelp. 
For some reason Google and Square people seem to be nicer and more real. Yelp seems to be more for negative reviews, plus sometimes Yelp removes reviews "supposedly" caught by their fraud models. Sadly, it is mostly the positive reviews that get removed. 

Not sure how important Yelp is for SEO, but it seems like apple maps uses Yelp. 

A great idea, would be to be able to send customers a request to share positive review in any of the social media channels, if they provide a positive review in Square. 

Message 24 of 68
Super Seller

Like many others here, the majority of our reviews in the last few years have been through Google. Facebook used to be a good source for reviews but that has been tapering off steadily, for us at least, over the last 5 years. Weโ€™ve recently seen a big uptick in customer responses to Square receipts, and those received via text message in particular. Some of our regulars have started using this avenue to let management know about stand-out experiences with our sales staff, which I love.

Mindi Rogers Green [she/they]
Managing Partner

Jupiter Games - Friendly Local Game Store & Event Center
A place for all who โค๏ธ games, specializing in board & card games, roleplaying books & miniatures, tabletop wargaming models, paints & hobby tools, dice, and more!

https://JupiterGames.Shop
Message 25 of 68
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for sharing, @JupiterGames This is great feedback! ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 26 of 68
Beta Member

Google and Trust. We don't bother with Yelp. We just started using SRP so hoping for direct customer feedback.

www.SLMWines.com
Premier destination for wine, beer, and spirits!
Message 27 of 68
Super Seller

Google then Facebook. Other we have reviews on yelp and trip advisor as well. 

Jacob - He/ Him
JJs Meat Shak - Co-Owner& Operations Manager
Supper Seller- Here to help! Just Ask!
http://www.jjsmeatshak.com
Message 28 of 68
Super Seller

Google, then Facebook, and YELP has little traction on it

Sayda Diaz
Message 29 of 68

Best Answer

Hello

Please please please allow a link on the receipt for Google reviews. Everybody knows including the people that posted on this thread Google is the first choice.

We have hundreds of great Square reviews and thatโ€™s what they are. They sit there no one sees it. 

Google can supply a link to reviews all square has to do is allow it on the receipt. 

ALSO MAKE IT CLICKABLE AND LET US REMOVE THE SQUARE LINK. So itโ€™s not confusing anybody.

Google reviews for everyone that uses Square! Team square make it happen! These likes are undeniable!

Thank you

Message 30 of 68

Square

What say you?

Can we get a field to add google reviews PLEASE????

Thank you!

Message 31 of 68

I agree. Allowing a Google link on Square receipts would be helpful!

Message 32 of 68
Beta Member

You can add custom text to your receipts. Just get your shortened link from Google and place it at the bottom of your receipts. It won't be clickable most likely but it'll be easier to type in.

Orlando Perrone
Owner
Perrone Technologies: The Computer Shop
www.perronetech.net
Message 33 of 68

If it is not clickable like square link then it is useless.  

Message 34 of 68
Beta Member

I added a link on our website under the "book now" button.  Making it ez for customers increased our review throughput. 

Message 35 of 68
Beta Member

Definitely Google

Joshua D Ferguson
Message 36 of 68

My reviews come from Google

Message 37 of 68
Super Seller

I receive the most reviews posted as of date from Google.  I get more customer feedback through Square from client's leaving feedback after their nail service.  We have a few reviews on Yelp...but we haven't really pushed it like that so here is where we get the least reviews.

Message 38 of 68
Beta Member

We prefer Google. We get a lot of feedback on Square but unfortunately we are the only ones to see it, and our customers don't know this---they write good reviews as if others can see them. I wish these were public? Or that an option on the e-receipt allows people to leave a Google review---I think Google reviews help us out the most. 

Message 39 of 68
Super Seller Alumni

Google and Square

Kamala Allison
Chief "Do Good, Feel Good" Officer
In store: 1528 Pacific Ave, Santa Cruz, CA
Online: www.ShopFybr.com
Message 40 of 68

Great Question Olive_

I do things the hard super stressful way the first time. So I used Etsy over my google.sites/square.sites combination, that I just got completely functional yesterday. Pls Check it out & reply.

litdesignsllc.net 

litdesignsllc.square.sites

ALL Feedback IS Greatly Appreciated! Yay! I'm SO Happy to partner with square to save my customers the exorbitant and dreaded Etsy fees!!! However, since I started with Etsy, I currently have all my reviews there, And They're All 5 Stars, -Thats what she said-Proudly 

Take Care All! Many sales Upon 

Message 41 of 68

Google for sure and if they're really **bleep**ed off they go complain on Yelp and start a witch hunt on Facebook and NextDoor. 

Message 42 of 68