x
Admin

What platform do you receive the most customer reviews on? 📝

Hiiiii Seller Community. Hope everyone is having a fabulous week wherever you are 🌎 

This week we'd like to know....

What platform do you receive the most customer reviews on? Yelp? Google? Square Customer Feedback?

Looking forward to learning from you all 🤓

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 1 of 68
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hello

Please please please allow a link on the receipt for Google reviews. Everybody knows including the people that posted on this thread Google is the first choice.

We have hundreds of great Square reviews and that’s what they are. They sit there no one sees it. 

Google can supply a link to reviews all square has to do is allow it on the receipt. 

ALSO MAKE IT CLICKABLE AND LET US REMOVE THE SQUARE LINK. So it’s not confusing anybody.

Google reviews for everyone that uses Square! Team square make it happen! These likes are undeniable!

Thank you

View Best Answer >

Message 30 of 68
67 REPLIES 67
Beta Member

Google 

Message 43 of 68
Super Seller

Google mostly, then Square when a customer gets a receipt by text or email.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 44 of 68
Super Seller

Same as many others. Goggle ranks #1, we get receipt comments from customers on Square at a slightly lower velocity, very few on Yelp. Seems from customer feedback they rely most heavily on Google. 

Take care of yourself and, as life provides, someone else too.
Message 45 of 68

Hi yall, I receive the most customer reviews on Square Customer Feedback. 

Message 46 of 68
Beta Member

Google and then Square from people answering to Square feedback. I have little inserts with a QR that pushes my customers to leave a Google review. I have over 400 customers in the past 2 years and only 55 Google reviews. A large portion of those are from BEFORE I officially opened my storefront.

I hate Yelp with every fiber of my soul. It could be such a great place but they are extortionists. I purchased ad space from them, got a few leads, and even had two 5 star reviews. As soon as I decided that the ROI was not worthwhile and dropped the ad, my 5-star reviews disappeared. Every single thing is locked behind a paywall. I know Apple uses Yelp as the default review engine, but I would prefer they just disappear.

I am a Google Local Guide (LVL 7), and I prefer Google. The interface is easier, users can post items from the menu, and NOTHING is locked behind paywalls on the business side. With Android getting a larger and larger user base, you'll see more Google use anyway.

Orlando Perrone
Owner
Perrone Technologies: The Computer Shop
www.perronetech.net
Message 47 of 68

Agreed.

Message 48 of 68
Super Seller

Definitely Google reviews are the most common.  We also get a lot of reviews from our Square receipts but I don't know how to share them effectively so other customers can see them.  Is there a way to feed our Square reviews into a website feed or something?

Michael
New Light Photography | SUB Photo | Square fan
Message 49 of 68
Super Seller

Kludge — A kludge or kluge (/klʌdʒ, kluːdʒ/) is a workaround or quick-and-dirty solution that is clumsy, inelegant, inefficient.

It seems that lots of people are interested in sharing their positive private Square Feedback with the world.  I’m sure Square is taking notice.  For now, what I am going to post here is a kludge.  It will do the job of giving you a PDF that you can share on your web site, which contains feedback from your Square account.  At the bottom of this post, I’m including a screenshot of the resulting PDF for a few lines of the feedback I’ve received recently.

The spreadsheet that does this magic should be left alone.  It is a template with usage instructions.  To use it, duplicate the template to a new file, then import your Square CSV into the duplicate.  That way, if you mess something up, you have a good place to restart.

For my purposes here, the only data fields on the public PDF are the date of the feedback, the initials of the feedback author and the actual feedback text.

I hope someone can find this useful.  I can not attach a spreadsheet file here, since .CSV format will not work well for this kind of thing.  I can, however, email it to anyone who is interested.  Please private message me (@ChefChip) to coordinate that.  I’ll need an email address to send it to.  I can’t stress enough — DON’T leave your email address in a reply here.  Only PM it to be safe.

Regards,

Chip

125AF538-1CFB-47B7-B3CD-9BE7C08E5D20.jpeg

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 50 of 68
Super Seller

Wow, I had no idea this kind of workaround existed! Thanks for sharing, I'll PM you soon!

Michelle Savage
Co-Founder & President
Savage Goods | @savagegoods | savagegoods.com
Message 51 of 68
Super Seller

Way to go! this is a great way to share internal results with our customers. How do you share or distribute these examples to your customers and prospects? website, email, social...?

Take care of yourself and, as life provides, someone else too.
Message 52 of 68
Super Seller

I’d recommend sharing it as you wish to.  Any of those would work.  Personally, I have enough Yelp and Google reviews that I’m fine treating my Square feedback as private communications.  I just created this to show everyone what the possibilities are.  Square provides CSV files for most everything in our accounts, and they can be used for all sorts of great purposes.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 53 of 68
Super Seller

We get the most reviews on Google by far (511 reviews) and then Yelp next (182 reviews). Interestingly enough, we find that people are often most positive on Google than they are on Yelp. I don't know about everyone else, but reviews in general stress me out a bit. In general, our customers are super happy -- they return often, feel welcomed and cared for, and love our place. But, those are rarely the people who leave a review. As a consumer, I often rely on reviews to choose where to go (especially when traveling), but as a business owner it can be pretty frustrating. 

Michelle Savage
Co-Founder & President
Savage Goods | @savagegoods | savagegoods.com
Message 54 of 68
Beta Member

Google, then yelp

Message 55 of 68
Super Seller

@isabelle  As of right now I only use square, but find that you actually have to look through the reviews and sort them out to really see all of them. I do agree with one comment about having a google review link for receipts would be nice.

Ryan Anton Schaffer RMT
www.reginamassagetherapist.com
Message 56 of 68
Super Seller

Google reviews is where I get all of my reviews. 

Message 57 of 68
Super Seller

It used to be Google, however, they started filtering reviews so we have switched over to Yelp.

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 58 of 68

Google by far is the single most important customer reviews platform to date for businesses who care to provide a accurate perception in the minds of consumers.  The thumb up/down/heart/smile is no comparison to the "five-star" rating system. The hotel quality rating system is used in many countries, using one to five stars aka Michelin star ratings were given in 1926.

The bigger issue may be "Asking Customers for Google Reviews" as talked about in our blog.

oevae.com
Message 59 of 68
Super Seller

I receive a lot of reviews on Google. I used to get Yelp reviews as well. But those two platforms have started to hide reviews so I hardly ask for them anymore.

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 60 of 68
Super Seller

Square > Google  > Yelp

René

Life is too short to eat boring cheese.
Message 61 of 68
Beta Member

Google and square customer reviews 

Message 62 of 68

We get people into our store by our Google reviews, word of mouth and a Billboard we have on the highway. We offer incentives for customers if they leave us a Google review. 

Lisa

Back in Time Comics and Toys

backintimecomics.com

Liberty, MO.

Message 63 of 68