x
Alumni

What was your biggest win of 2022? ๐Ÿ™Œโ€Œ

Hi sellers!

This week we want to celebrate your accomplishments of last year as you take on the new year๐Ÿ’ช.

We'd love to know....What was your biggest win of 2022? 

Share with us below!

Ani
Gestora de la Comunidad de Vendedores / Seller Community Manager, Square
Message 1 of 62
61 REPLIES 61

The biggest win of 2022 was I learnt to create websites on wordpress , blogger, Learnt affiliate marketing in depth & achieved so much in online field!

Message 43 of 62
Beta Member

same here! what's your blog?

Hon Tran
Message 44 of 62
Super Seller

My biggest win of 2022 was finally having an anniversary celebration after 3 years, continuing to keep all of my original staff on and increasing business and profits. Times are tough, but this at least gives me some hope! 

Leah
Message 45 of 62
Beta Member

@pawffeeshop What was your secret to retaining your staff during this tough time?

Message 46 of 62
Super Seller

Honestly I'm really not sure! One of my employees doesn't really need the job as his wife is the bread winner so it's basically his "retirement" job, the others are just really committed to helping us succeed. We are a cat cafe so to many it's like a dream job. I pay more than minimum wage plus they get tips and a discount on coffee. I'm very grateful and try to keep up with making sure they are happy as I would hate to lose them. We're like a little family.  

Leah
Message 47 of 62

Here at Cats Kingdom in NH. The biggest win was that we made it till the end ๐Ÿ™‚ and with a small increase from the previous year. 

Many new customers as well. 2023 looking promising.... Cathy

Message 48 of 62
Beta Member

Hi!

I've had a couple of good things happen last year.  I'm an artist (www.brambledowndesigns.com)

1. I was asked by Topps, the makers of trading cards, to do a bunch of Star Wars art, which means I'm officially approved by LucasFilm. 

2. I was asked by Chaosium, makers of Call of Cthulhu, an epic roleplaying game that I've played since the 80's to produce art for them to be published.

3. We won the "Small Business Sunday" award run by Theo Paphitis of Dragons Den.

It's been a pretty good year!

Thanks for letting me blow my trumpet

Symon

Message 49 of 62

That's totally awesome Symon!  You deserve to blow your trumpet!  I too am an artist but use it in a way that I never thought I would, doing graphic design for my company.  I really want to get back into doing real art!  LOL!  Anyway, Congratulations to you!  I checked out your website and it is pretty cool!

Message 50 of 62
Super Seller

Impressive @Brambledown !

Bruce Wilson
Owner | Vigneron | Distiller
Message 51 of 62
Beta Member

Cheers!!

Message 52 of 62
Beta Member

If you can manage to get into Comic Cons you'll have loads of fun!!  I guess if you do graphic design it might be something that comes naturally.
There are also art and craft fairs that you could do, but a word of warning, the folk at craft fairs are almost always there for inspiration and not for buying!  They'll have a great big conversation with you about how you do everything and then walk away without a purchase!!

Message 53 of 62
Super Seller

From a personal  achievement point of view, our peer recognition is a highlight for 2022

bickley.png

But more importantly, the addition of the distillery to our business means we are up 40% on last year, and the trend is still up.

No point winning awards if you're going broke ๐Ÿคฃ

Bruce Wilson
Message 54 of 62
Super Seller

congratulations and that's an excellent article (and picture:)

Message 55 of 62
Super Seller

Thanks,

My lovely wife Rebekah and brains behind the hospo side of out business. Our public face for these sort of things. I don't do people things so well ๐Ÿคฃ

Bruce Wilson
Message 56 of 62

The Orda team biggest win of 2022 was achieving the goal of powering 2500 mobile apps for Square merchants and helping them generate more than $1 billion in revenue. Can't wait to see what 2023 yields!

Orda Success Team
https://www.getorda.com
Message 57 of 62
Super Seller

We've been looking for new space to expand to because we're currently too crowded (but making it work).  The commercial rent rates have been ridiculous!!!  Went to visit one space and was shown another...535sqft and they wanted $4000 a month...with cam charges, trash pick up charges, and a 4% increase in rent per year (ugh). 

Well the space next to ours just became available and we were able to acquire the space, knock the wall down, and have begun the expansion!  This ended out 2022 and we know 2023 will be a great year ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 58 of 62

I built a mansion for my parents, i got married again, I now have physical locations in 5 countries! 

Message 59 of 62

great

Message 60 of 62
Beta Member

My biggest win for 2022 was being able to step away for a little while and refocus. With all of the turmoil over the last few years I found myself getting burned out and disengaged. I'm lucky that I have a business partner who was able to learn my role within a month and to be able to cover me for an extended respite. I came back at the beginning of 2023 with a new outlook and a much better attitude. Plus, I feel 100% better mentally and physically.

Message 61 of 62
Super Seller

Now that's the best win of them all ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 62 of 62