x
Admin

What was your business's most profitable month in 2021? Why?

Hey Seller Community! As we look back on 2021, I'm curious to hear which month had the highest profits for your business, and why you think that might be...

What was your business's most profitable month in 2021? Why do you think that is?

sales.gif

To review your sales by month, please go to Square Dashboard > Reports > Time Frame: Last year > and then you can switch Summary to Monthly!

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 1.39.48 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-12 at 1.41.37 PM.png

High sale months in previous years can be a good indicator in looking towards the next year! Excited to read your replies 👀 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

June because it was our 1 year anniversary and I made a BIG deal out of it.... it worked!

Message 2 of 34

great idea! wondering what you did?

Message 3 of 34

December

Message 4 of 34
Super Seller

July was huge for us.  Not sure why- one would think summer retail wouldn't be that. big .. maybe that was when people got their stimulus checks? no idea.

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 5 of 34
Beta Member

July was also our biggest month and not exactly certain why. July 4th weekend we posted big numbers.

Message 6 of 34

same here i think it was due to stimulus as well

Message 7 of 34
Super Seller

also July for us- between stimulus and the kids being home from college- it was gigantic.

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 8 of 34
Super Seller Alumni

October - only because we did an in-person event. Getting our business done IN PERSON is turning out to be key. Online only is just so-so.

Emily ( she / her )
The Violet Fox Bookshop
https://thevioletfoxbookshop.square.site
Message 9 of 34

there was ZERO PROFIT!

Message 10 of 34
Beta Member

Surprisingly, August. Usually our best months are during tax season between Feb-April.

Message 11 of 34
Beta Member

March, Major increase with Tax Returns, Stimulus Payments, and Spawning Season. It was a trifecta all the way around.

Message 12 of 34

I agree

Message 13 of 34
Super Seller

Typically I see the large increase from April-May and then again October-November.  Everyone waiting until snow clears to get their vehicles undercoated, and then those last minuters who are waiting right before snow fall to get their vehicle undercoated.  Happens like this every year.

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 14 of 34
Super Seller

SEPTEMBER. Due volume membership sales.  This is so interesting because September was my slowest month in 2020. (with the exception of shutdown months)

Alicia | PEINT
@getpeinted
Message 15 of 34
Beta Member

December. 

Message 16 of 34

December

Message 17 of 34
Super Seller Alumni

October 2021 was definitely the top month for us.  We had great Art, Craft, and Vintage Market events scheduled throughout this month.  The attendance was outstanding.  I think October marked the month where customers had a sense of urgency to complete their holiday purchases.  Our second-best event of 2021 is always scheduled in October. By the way, the second half of every year is twice the gross total we normally earn in the first half.

Message 18 of 34
Super Seller

Our is always May by an insane amount.  With a seasonal garden center 73% of my retail sales take place in May, June has 16%, and then April with the remaining 11%.  It makes for an insanely busy and hectic month.

Message 19 of 34

October for us for sure - it looked like there was a glimmer of hope before Omicron decided to make an entrance. 

Find us on Instagram & Facebook: 

www.facebook.com/Java-N-Byte-292[Redacted]20/
www.instagram.com/javanbyte

Message 20 of 34

December but October was a close second and I wish I knew why. Just a really busy month for us.

Message 21 of 34