x
Admin

Why did you join the Seller Community?

Hey everyone! 

Did you know the Seller Community turned SEVEN this year 🎈🎉? I didn't either until @Tom found our first birthday post

The last seven years have been a busy period for the Seller Community as we've expanded with new programs, new countries and new design. THANK YOU for being a part of it all ❤️

Which is why we wanted to ask...

Why did you join the Seller Community?

We can't wait to read all your reply! If there's any feedback or favorite memory of the Seller Comminuty you'd like to share, definitely feel free to comment below.

community.gif

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Super Seller

Congrats on turning 7! 

I joined the Community in March 2019 because I had an issue with the Square Stand losing connection. Within minutes, I was able to find the answer to what I was doing wrong. Seeing how useful the Community can be to sellers, I decided to help others by posting my experiences and solutions to others' challenges. Likewise, other sellers have provided their incredible insight to streamline my business and get the most out of the Square services we use. 

I am extremely thankful for the Community and everyone wo participates. Our store would not be where it is without it!

Message 2 of 22
Super Seller

Wow!  7 is a big deal.  Happy Birthday.  

I joined originally to figure out how a feature worked. I stayed because I appreciated everyone's advice and learning more about other Square sellers.  Finding out their tips on how to be successful is amazing.  It seems we are all at different stages of our business so no matter where you are we can all help and learn from each other.  

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 3 of 22
Beta Member

Nice ...

I joined because I had a few questions and was able to find the answers - didn't want to tie up Tech Support with some of the questions I had - seemed this place was the right fit.

jk

Message 4 of 22
Beta Member

I joined the seller's community to get more familiar with how Square works to keep up to date with new Square devices and to learn all the things that Square offers a new seller like me.  I would also like to grow my customer base when I use my POS at my vending events.   I need help so that is a major point in wanting to join the sellers' community for help with questions that I may have using square for my products. 

Jeanette Jordan
Message 5 of 22
Super Seller

I joined the community to learn more about how the square products I had worked and loved the community so much I stuck around.  This community has definitely been a great help to me and my business....

Jacqueline
Owner of Jackie's Uniquely U Boutique
Message 6 of 22
Super Seller

I joined because I wanted to participate in growing a great group of  ideas. 

Ryan Anton Schaffer RMT
www.reginamassagetherapist.com
Message 7 of 22
Super Seller

@tranguyen  To be perfectly honest, I was forced to join the community after Square decided to take all the beta groups from Facebook groups to the Seller Community. After much grumbling (CHANGE=BAD!), I started poking around here and realized that it was a good move!

I've enjoyed being able to help with problems from other sellers and participating in all the groups and discussions that have sprung up over the years. I've learned a lot that has helped my business, and I hope I've been able to help other sellers make their business thrive!

I definitely need to add that becoming a Super Seller just added to my satisfaction with the community: the camaraderie and discussions in that lounge are great-- shout out to @isabelle for making that happen! 🙂

Happy b-day Seller Community!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 8 of 22

I joined the seller community for inspiration and support as small business owner. The triumphs and tribulations of owning, running, and trying to grow a business can sometimes feel overwhelming. I'm looking forward to learning and connecting with others that are doing the same.

Message 9 of 22

Hi my name is Kim I joined the Sellar community for support and to learn from others in the hope I can do it in return 

Message 10 of 22

to find information, and to improve and help square to be the best. no working

Message 11 of 22
Super Seller

I mainly joined the Seller community when I had issues implementing certain features. I ended up staying because misery loves company. Just kidding but I do find it incredibly helpful to have an outlet for our concerns and find the feedback sessions prevent me from thinking it's just me. I also find helping others having issues both frustrating and rewarding, for most people they just want software to work and unfortunately software requires a bit of work in order to have it set up properly.

One of the most rewarding parts of being part of the Square community is the ability to help people offline when they see I'm using Square and they bring up that they're small business owners. I have actually sat down with potential Square users or Square users to go over how I have my site/internal item library setup.

www.PartyManiaBethesda.com
Please Require Customers to pick time/date at checkout for Square online. Thanks!
Message 12 of 22
Beta Member

I joined to learn how Square’s features worked. It has been helpful for a newbie like me!

Message 13 of 22
Super Seller

I Joined the seller community to learn more about Square features in general but specifically see how real world users are using them. It's also a great to learn about new features as they are added.

It's a great peer to peer platform where you can help out other users, and conversely ask for help when you can't figure something out.

Bruce Wilson
Owner | Vigneron | Distiller
Message 14 of 22

Beats me; the signup encourages it.

SO,it set up square checkimg. I deposited $10. Now it wants a bank account to activate my membership. So, *WHY THE HELL DID I SPEND $10 TO START ONE?!?

Smells like bulls-shirt to me.

Message 15 of 22
Beta Member

I just recently joined the Seller Community this year to help get my 

Business operating on a proficient level. I am hoping to expand my

Business knowledge while increasing my confidence to be able to 

provide my customers the items they desire. 

Thank you so much Seller Community for creating a safe place for Seller's

can become the best versions of themselves. 

Message 16 of 22
Super Seller

When I joined it started out for support and to learn, later trying to help people.

Randy Fulk
Korie's Kloset
Big Bows & Sassy Clothes.
Message 17 of 22

The latest enrollment for the beta testing.  I thought I might see some upgrades to the reader early and it has been a source of frustration the last three to five years.

Message 18 of 22

I joined because I wanted to see what information I could get, especially from other sellers. 

Message 19 of 22
Super Seller

Wow!

Cheers to 10!

I joined because it's amazing to have community- to know other small businesses are going through what you are.

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 20 of 22
Admin

We are actually 7 but thank you!!! See you again in 3 years for a big double-digit celebration 🎉

️ Hailey
Seller Community Marketing Manager
Square Seller Community
Message 21 of 22