x

1 Product, how to price seperately for Single item Sale and Bulk (wholesale prices).

Hello there,

We sell spices to individual households via online and B2B wholesale as well. 

So far I have been using Squareup for online shop and online sales only. 

I have Square Terminal as well but had never used for B2B Field sales (by mobile sales team) which is what we do directly with businesses. 

What would be the way to keep items and inventory for Online Shop separate whilst it should not appear on the Terminals. 

I want the terminal to show only items which are sold in Bulk at wholesale price to Shops and businesses. 

I do not want to show the single items on Terminal and their pricing currently showing on the shop website. 

I have two locations setup one ‘Online Shop’ and one ‘B2B Field’.

currentky all items are showing under online shop. 

if I put an item variation and add bulk buy price say (pack of 12)  it shows on the website as well, which I don’t want. As website and it’s pricing is for single item purchases and normal household don’t buy in bulk. 

i want the Items which shows at  online shop remain separate then the ones which show on terminals. 

I want terminals to only show items which are at bulk buy prices and want to use it in the field sales. 

any idea how to look after and work around this. 

thank you in anticipation and regards to everyone for they guidance. 

Message 1 of 7
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @SpicesRus, thank you for reaching out!

Currently, items between Square and the Square Online Store will sync automatically, so there isn't a way to stop this in the back-end.

If you want to stop certain items to appear on the Square Terminal, a workaround is to create separate items, assign individual inventory and make sure these items are only available in a certain location. 

When you login to your Square account on the Terminal then, you'll be ask to select the appropriate location and the correct items will pull through.

Although this will not stop items from appearing in the back-end of your Square Online Store, you can change your settings so these newly created items will not be available for purchase. To do this:

1. Login to your Square Dashboard > Online Store
  2. Navigate to Settings > Square Syncink (6).png

3. Toggle the "Mark newly imported item as Unavailable online" onink (7).png

I hope this will help somewhat!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @SpicesRus, thank you for reaching out!

Currently, items between Square and the Square Online Store will sync automatically, so there isn't a way to stop this in the back-end.

If you want to stop certain items to appear on the Square Terminal, a workaround is to create separate items, assign individual inventory and make sure these items are only available in a certain location. 

When you login to your Square account on the Terminal then, you'll be ask to select the appropriate location and the correct items will pull through.

Although this will not stop items from appearing in the back-end of your Square Online Store, you can change your settings so these newly created items will not be available for purchase. To do this:

1. Login to your Square Dashboard > Online Store
  2. Navigate to Settings > Square Syncink (6).png

3. Toggle the "Mark newly imported item as Unavailable online" onink (7).png

I hope this will help somewhat!

Tra
Message 2 of 7

Hello Tranguyen

many thanks for your quick response.

I have another inquiry. Can we create a template order form which is readily available when our sales team visits a customer.

The Order template will include all items available to B2B wholesale customers.

when finalising the sale, we just need to delete unwanted items from the re-usable order form and convert that order form into an invoice.

this could be called an estimate or an invoice template.

I am asking this because, the sales team have to select each item and then quantities. there isn't a way on the terminal (also on ipad or iphone) to add just quantities next the the name already there.

my question may sound immature but the problem i wanted to overcome is to add a template for customers which will then quickly selected to add new wanted items and delete unwanted items, before converting or finalising the invoice.

any work around will be welcome too.

Thank you

Spices R US

Message 3 of 7
Super Seller

@SpicesRus - I’m sure you’ve already guessed you’re using the terminal & square in quite a unique way! 

A few ideas that might help:

• If you utilise the categories then you can have quick access to different ‘order sheets’. As you can select categories on the terminal & it’ll just show those. 

• If you long press on any item then you get the options screen & can easily enter the number required. 

• You can set up variations/options for each item so your sales team are prompted for extras or upsells (Pick Spice A and then shows 12 pack is £15 24 pack is £25 etc)

• If you set up variations/options you can set the system to skip that window unless you long press (so I do this with my margarita pizza, it still has all the ‘add on’ options but people don’t often order a margherita to add extras so I save my self some button clicks & it skips the options screen unless I choose to see it). 

How I’d see your workflow: 

Select category to bring up ‘order sheet’
Long press each item the client wants & enter quantity

At the end of the list ‘checkout’ either taking payment or using the terminal to send the invoice. 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 4 of 7
Super Seller

Right then @tranguyen  one of us is confused on how this all works! 

My understanding is the square online store only ships from one location - so if this was the retail version then that would be the only shipping option no matter how many other locations there were? 

It would then ‘simply’ be a case of turning off collection & local delivery for the b2b location to prevent that showing as an option online? 

Have I got this wrong? (I don’t do any shipping - but your reply seemed more complicated than I expected it to be so checking my own understanding) 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 5 of 7
Admin

Thanks for reaching back out, @SpicesRus! There isn't a way to set up an order template within the Square Terminal at the moment, so you would need to go through and manually add in items, but the suggestions from @Sam_400º will definitely help to make things easier as well.

Regarding shipping & location for Online Store @Sam_400º: this is a bit complicated because even if you have created an item in Square and assign it to a particular location (that isn't your Online Store location), the item would still be sync over to the Online Store.

As such, turning off collection & local delivery or having the shipping location default to a different one wouldn't impact the item availability. In this case, having it being mark as unavailable is the one way to ensure the item won't be available online. 

Tra
Message 6 of 7
Super Seller

Thanks for explaining that one @tranguyen - makes sense! 

I don’t know how big your stock is @SpicesRus  or how you’ve set up your online store, but I’ve not used the standard layout & instead made my own using the ‘featured items’ sections on pages. This means I choose what shows & where - could be another option, but the extra control does take a little longer to set up. 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 7 of 7