x
Beta Member

2 different sales tax at the same time

In Chicago tax is 10% and across town it is 7%.  We have 2 markets at the same time and multiple devises but when you change the tax on one device it changes it on all of them. 

How do we get the 2 devices to run independently with each charging its own tax?   

We only have 1 locations for inventory.  

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

This can be accomplished either by:

A. Set up the alternate tax rate(s) under Items->Sales Tax.  Each time you are ringing up an item in the alternate market, click into the item, and change the tax rate.  

B. Create a second location in Square and creating tax rules for it.  You can have the same products in both locations.  The challenge with this is, if you manage stock counts, you may have to transfer stock between these locations.  

C.  Set up alternate tax rules and separate items for each tax rate.    The downside with this is, of course, you have two item records for the same item.  This may not be an issue if your library is small, but not easily manageable if it is large.

Let me know if this helps or if you have other questions.

~Cheryl!
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!

Cheryl! Tisland
Burst Of Butterflies Create & Paint Studio

BurstOfButterflies.com

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Best Answer

This can be accomplished either by:

A. Set up the alternate tax rate(s) under Items->Sales Tax.  Each time you are ringing up an item in the alternate market, click into the item, and change the tax rate.  

B. Create a second location in Square and creating tax rules for it.  You can have the same products in both locations.  The challenge with this is, if you manage stock counts, you may have to transfer stock between these locations.  

C.  Set up alternate tax rules and separate items for each tax rate.    The downside with this is, of course, you have two item records for the same item.  This may not be an issue if your library is small, but not easily manageable if it is large.

Let me know if this helps or if you have other questions.

~Cheryl!
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!

Cheryl! Tisland
Burst Of Butterflies Create & Paint Studio

BurstOfButterflies.com
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Yes thank you

Message 3 of 3