x

2 options for pickup date for preorders

I am a small bakery and we do preorders for the holidays. We have two pick up days and times. How do i add a question that forces them to pick which date they want to pickup? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Hello @Dorrabbe !

This has been a thorn in the side of many a bakery and other businesses that rely on specific pickup times.

The way I do it right now is to have a special modifier group that has the pickup days listed. I make it a mandatory modifier and only allow one selection. In the item description I say that the pickup time chosen on this screen overrides any other selection made on our website.

It works about 90% of the time for us. The rest of the time there is customer confusion that I have to manage.

That said, I recommend checking out the post about a beta test of Batch Production & Cutoff Times. If you're up for a dip in the beta tester pool, this test may be just what you need.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 4

How do you get around the “processing time” function? I’m having the same problem as the OP and have made modifiers for pickup dates but the processing time throws a wrench in everything. 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Sgibson,

Thanks for reaching out! 

I know this is super frustrating, and certainly understand how this can cause a lot of confusion! 

But as of right now outside the modifier option you are already utilizing, there is not workaround.  I would certainly recommend as ryanwanner did above of looking into the Beta Program

Please let me know if have further questions. 

Message 4 of 4