x

Add link on product page description....

This seems like a question so obvious I can't believe that I have to come to this forum to ask it - but one hour of surfing message boards to try and get it answered later and I decided to post for some professional help: I am trying to add a link to another page from my product description. 

The link icon is gray and it says "Need more text styles? Edit this item in Store to get italics, styling and more." - WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? 

Please help. I just need to add a link to an internal page with more product information. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey @vitaltonics! Welcome to the Community.

To make sure I'm answering this correctly- can you tell me more about your setup?

It sounds like you're talking about an online store maybe? 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

I too was trying to do this. I sell yarn which comes in different types (we call them bases). I'd like to link each of my product descriptions to the bases page so my shoppers can learn more about the yarn I use. But I can't. 

This is missing functionality. 

Message 3 of 5

I'm similar:  I want to link a YouTube video in my item description in my shop.  There is a button to add a link (and to bold and italicize the text like it does here in this text box) but they are greyed out.  At the very least, I'd like to add a button to take it to a separate page on my site to show all of the videos there. There is a page I can add which will let me embed YouTube, but I can't do it in the actual item description.  This is maddening.  Do I need to upgrade my site?  

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @ConstantineCym 👋

It sounds like you have the option to sync item descriptions from the Square dashboard turned on. You will need to disable this in order to use the text formatting which includes adding a text link. 

Navigate to the Square Online dashboard, then click Shared Settings > Item Sync and toggle OFF the option to Sync Item Descriptions

Message 5 of 5