x
Beta Member

Add quantity on modifier

Hi all, can anyone tell me how I can add a quantity to a modifier? 

for example, if someone wants to add 2 or 3 extra patties, how can I add the option to allow them to do this within an item modifier? at the moment it only allows a checkbox with no quantity option.

smashnslide_1-1612797416447.png

@tranguyen 

Message 1 of 5
Report Inappropriate Content
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hi @smashnslide, thanks for flagging this! I had a play around with this myself as well and at the moment, there isn't a way for customer to select the same modifier twice or thrice, or enter a value for a modifier. 

A workaround would be to create another set of modifier called Extra. That way, if customer want to add a third for fourth patties, they can select it there as well. Or alternatively, you can create another modifier called 2 x patties or 3 x patties within the current modifier list and have that as an option for customers. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Hi, has this been resolved yet? This a KEY reason why I can't use Square as a major component of my business. Any branded website gives you the option to choose the quantity of a particular item. This should be a basic function on Square, it looks professional and is more familiar to the customer. PLEASE can the programmers sort this! 

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Thanks for checking in @BuenasBurritos! This is currently still a feature request and I don't yet have a timeline one when this will be available, but I'll be sure to share more updates on this thread when I have them. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 4 of 5

This really needs to be a priority now, given after the pandemic many required the current crop of expensive online delivery partners (which I assume is why Square launched Online Ordering for Restaurant in the past year), it's a case of adding the parameter for 'How many times can a Modifier be selected', and start linking modifiers to items/create them as items for stock and sales purposes, instead of just text.

As much as I hate UberEats, they have really progressed on their menu maker, and a lot of their features and settings are so well resolved that it should become standard practice across the industry.

Message 5 of 5