x

Adding customers name to email receipt

I have a healthcare business and need my customers receipts to have their name on them.  For my customers to submit receipts to their health insurance companies their name must be on the receipt how can I add this? 

Message 1 of 79
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for reaching out, @APHealth. At this time, we do not automatically include the customer's name on receipts though I can see how this would be helpful for your practice.

While I don't have a workaround available for this request right now, I will be sharing your post with our Receipts team. We're constantly working to improve our services based on seller feedback. Please don't hesitate to let us know if anything else comes up!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 12 of 79
78 REPLIES 78

One of the requirements we have is to print the Customer name in the receipt. Because of the type of our business we need to display the name for security purposes. I was not able to find a way to customize the receipt to do the same.

Could you please let me know if this is possible or not.

Message 2 of 79
Alumni

Hi @ConairIT, thanks for the post. Adding customer names to receipts is not something we currently offer. Depending on you business, one thing you might want to consider is using Invoices - you can read more about that in our support center: Send Invoices Online with Square

Message 3 of 79

Thank for the response. The invoices functionality seems interesting and we will explore this.

But this might not be applicable for all of our cusotmers. Moreover our requirement is pretty simple.

We will have a customer to be part of every sale (Customer Directory) and we would need to have his/her name printed on the recepit. Uisng the invoices functionality seems ot be an overkill ( also expensive) for this.

Message 4 of 79
Alumni

@ConairIT, thanks for following up and totally get it if invoices doesn't seem like a good fit. What type of business do you have? It'll be helpful for me to more fully understand so that I can relay your use case to the team internally here at Square.  Thanks! 

Message 5 of 79

We are a CPG company and we are planning to use Square Retail App for our Corporate Employee stores (Multiple locations) 

Our employees are our Customers and will always be in the system. We need the employee name to be printed on the receipt for certain security reasons as some of the store locations are also warehouses. 

Message 6 of 79
Alumni

Ah, gotcha @ConairIT. Thanks for the details - I'll pass this along to our team and we'll update you here if anything changes. 

Message 7 of 79

I also need to have the ability to email receipts to my customers with their name on listed on the receipt. Has this issue been resolved?

Thanks.

Message 8 of 79
Admin

I don't have an update on this at this time @acugrace but I'll share your interested with the Product team! If this feature becomes available we'll update this thread. Thanks for posting! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 9 of 79
Super Seller Alumni

@APHealth Hedre is some information on receipts and invoices. I hope this helps.

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5424-customize-receipts-and-invoices

Message 10 of 79

I have already customized my receipt to include my logo, address etc. but I can not find an option to have the customers name on the recipt. 

Message 11 of 79
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for reaching out, @APHealth. At this time, we do not automatically include the customer's name on receipts though I can see how this would be helpful for your practice.

While I don't have a workaround available for this request right now, I will be sharing your post with our Receipts team. We're constantly working to improve our services based on seller feedback. Please don't hesitate to let us know if anything else comes up!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 12 of 79

We are in the same situation.  We have a healthcare business and need to be able to provide detailed receipts to our customers that they can submit to their insurance company for reimbursement.  We need to be able to add the customer's personal information (name, date of birth, and date of service) to their receipt.  This seems like it should be an easy thing to do.  Is this possible?

Message 13 of 79

I have a private practice and improvised on this receipt issue. As I am preparing to take a payment, I use the Notes area on the "take a payment" page, I enter in the information re: name of patient, day of service, etc. There isn't much room, but it does what I need it to do. 

I agree, this is an area for Square to devlop. 

Message 14 of 79

I have the same issue. I have connected SquareUp to my bookings program, but I get a copy of a receipt showing that 'someone' made a purchase online, but there is no name on the receipt, so I have no idea who made the purchase. HELP

Message 15 of 79
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for chiming in on this feature request @bak5557

Can you provide details on how your business would benefit from this? 

There might be a workaround or a eCommerce Integration that might work for you. 

Message 16 of 79

Below is a receipt I received today. As you can see, there is no name on the receipt, so I don't know who to credit for this. If every receipt came through this way, it would be a bookkeeping nightmare.

Jan. 27, 2019 2:57 pm
Collected at: THE WHEELHOUSE CYCLING STUDIO
Paid by: Unknown Name
Custom Amount
$110.00
Visa 9607
Jan. 27, 2019 2:57 pm
Message 17 of 79

Thanks for providing those details @bak5557

I'll pass your feedback along to our payments team and hopefully we can improve on this somehow. If we make any changes I'll chime back in with an update. 

Message 18 of 79

Moving to the end of the thread

Message 19 of 79

I am having the same issues. 

Message 20 of 79

@Yocmoo Thank you for sharing! We still do not have a way to force a customer's name to be printed on a receipt. We know that this is a very popular feature request, but we are in large part at the mercy of the customer's credit card company and whether or not that company allows the name to be printed on the receipt. 

A good workaround will be tagging your customers to your sale. If you do this, you can always go back and see the customer's name tied to the transaction in the Square Dashboard. If your customer is asking for that information as well, you can always take a screenshot from your Dashboard and send it to them.

You can also choose to send your customers invoices instead, which will display the customer's name as the invoice recipient. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 21 of 79