x

Adding customers name to email receipt

I have a healthcare business and need my customers receipts to have their name on them.  For my customers to submit receipts to their health insurance companies their name must be on the receipt how can I add this? 

Message 1 of 79
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for reaching out, @APHealth. At this time, we do not automatically include the customer's name on receipts though I can see how this would be helpful for your practice.

While I don't have a workaround available for this request right now, I will be sharing your post with our Receipts team. We're constantly working to improve our services based on seller feedback. Please don't hesitate to let us know if anything else comes up!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 12 of 79
78 REPLIES 78

"We know that this is a very popular feature request, but we are in large part at the mercy of the customer's credit card company and whether or not that company allows the name to be printed on the receipt."

Color me skeptical.

As a consumer, my name has always appeared on non-square receipts across several banks and many years.  My previous processor, Elavon, printed names on all receipts.

Message 22 of 79

I'm considering moving to Square, but this is unbelievable.  I don't buy it for a minute that the processing companies won't allow names on receipts - it's certainly not a problem with my current POS.

It certainly can't be a difficult thing to program so that a customer name - when chosen at time of sale - can't appear on a receipt!

Message 23 of 79

I don't see how this has anything to do with the credit card companies. We would like the client's name stored in Square to be printed on the receipt that is also generated within Square.  Not the name printed on the credit card.  The Receipt does not need to know which credit card was used only that the Client's bill has been paid.

I hope this clarifies the issue.

Judging by the age of this thread, I would have to assume this issue is not being worked on.  I do thank you for your quick response.

Message 24 of 79

We have been waiting for this feature for almost 2 years now.

Cant believe how slow Square is at rolling out such useful features.

Extremely disappointed .

Message 25 of 79

This answer does not solve the problem.  It should not be marked solved until it really is.

Message 26 of 79

Hello!

Can we please get an update when this feature will be implemented?

We would really appreciate this feature. We are evaluating switching to Square.

Thanks

Message 27 of 79
Alumni

Hey @aeharding - At this time, there is no news to share if or when this feature might be implemented. We'll make sure to continue posting updates to this thread as we hear of them.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 28 of 79

Has there been a solution created to adding names to receipts? 

Message 29 of 79

I am wondering if a fix has been created for adding customer name and date of birth to receipts?

Message 30 of 79
Beta Member

Hello, as a Spa we need customers name on receipt as well for reimbursement.  When will this be available?

April Hettick
Message 31 of 79

Did anyone ever follow up with this request from 2017? I am in the same boat as OP...

Message 32 of 79
Square Community Moderator

Hello, @tmackerman 

At this time, Customer names are printable on receipts. However, digital receipts do not include the Customer's name. My advice here would be to use Square Invoices for your business as it will show both your business information and the Customer's information.  Square Invoices can also be settled on Point of Sale which would help you with collecting sales and providing your customers with the information they would need.

I hope this information is helpful! 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 33 of 79

Why can names, and date of birth, not be added to the digital receipt? So many of us would benefit and it doesn't seem that complicated.

Message 34 of 79

You say in this post that "Customer names are printable on receipts." I would like to know how that works as in another post in this thread it says that is not possible.  Also, I have not found anywhere in the dashboard that can be used to enable printing of a customer's name on a receipt!  The ONLY time a customer's name prints on a receipt is occasionally, depending on the credit card used.  This is so confusing for us!

Message 35 of 79

Hi @bewellwichita - Thanks for following up on this thread. I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so I'd like to officially welcome you! 🎉👏

You can review what you're able to customize on your Square Receipts here. I'm not 100% sure what will allow the customer's name to be displayed on the receipt. I'm thinking it may be possible if you add the customer to the sale via the Customer Directory or Square Loyalty but I'll have to check in with some of our internal teams to get the best answer on this for you.

I'll follow up with you here once I have an answer!

Violet
Message 36 of 79

@VioletThank you so much!  I am looking forward to your reply!

Message 37 of 79

Hey there again, @bewellwichita 👋 Thank you for waiting patiently for my response. I was able to find another option that may be what you're looking for here.

You can edit your Order Ticket settings to prompt you to enter the customer's name so it will be displayed when printed. From your Point of Sale, tap Settings > Checkout > Order tickets. Then, choose Auto-assign ticket numbers or Enter custom number or name.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions 🙂

Violet
Message 38 of 79

@ThrivingTherapy - We appreciate your feedback. At this time, this is a feature request that is not available. Feel free to post your use case in our Ideate board here where it has greater visibility to our product teams and other Square sellers alike.

Thank you. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 39 of 79

How do I add business customers information to invoice and receipt?

Message 40 of 79
Admin

If you send your customer an invoice though their name will be visible on the invoice.

However, at this time we don't automatically include your customer's name on receipts @MMG. I'll share your interest in this feature with the Product Team.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 41 of 79

That's odd my customer's name is on mine, I just can't get the company name or address on the invoice or reciept. 

Message 42 of 79