x

Feature Request: Merge invoices to allow customers to make a single payment for multiple invoices

Beta Member

Feature Request: Merge invoices to allow customers to make a single payment for multiple invoices

Title changed from "invoice HELP" to "Is there a way to see all of one customer's invoices together?" 

Do you think Square will make invoices where you can see all of one customers invoices together? I would like the option to see all of their invoices on their square profile. That way they can pay their full balance together, instead of seperate. They also need more options under the invoice feature. More detailed reports and more. With a couple of updates to invoices, it would be a great feature! Do not currently use because of this!!! 

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Create report of payments due and export as a list?

Let's see if this would work for you, @ericinLA!

From your Dashboard > InvoicesReports. You can select up to 10 invoices for a customer and send a customer statement.

Locate the customer, then click the three dots to the far right of that line > select Send reminders

This will allow you to include up to 10 outstanding invoices in 1 email, and your customer can click each link to pay.
This is an example of what your customer will see:

Let me know if this is more what you are looking to do!  

132 Comments

Get this done soon! So many people want/need to be able to pay more than one invoice!!

Ridiculous that you hold us hostage to ensure you get a per transaction fee!

You get 2.9%! Isn't that enough? I am a paying client at your highest level and you don't respond to any on my requests for changes..

I will now start looking for a better system and stop wasting my time asking you to "fix" up your simplistic tool.

See ya!

Get this done soon! So many people want/need to be able to pay more than one invoice!!

Ridiculous that you hold us hostage to ensure you get a per transaction fee!

You get 2.9%! Isn't that enough? I am a paying client at your highest level and you don't respond to any on my requests for changes..

I will now start looking for a better system and stop wasting my time asking you to "fix" up your simplistic tool.

See ya!

Can I merge 2 clients into 1 invoice? As in, parent and child have separate appointments with parent paying for both

Admin

Thanks for writing in @Stardol. This is currently a feature request that we're tracking. In the mean time, your customer would have to either pay for two separate invoices or you can cancel both and recreate one that includes both services/items.

I'm trying to create an invoice for a client for the year to submit to their insurance of all their past appointments for this year.  Is there a way to import all past appointments for the year into the invoice? 

Admin

Hey @Kifferie. Thanks for reaching out. 

There's not a way to pull all previous appointments and combine them into one invoice. Tom shares a workaround on this thread that might be helpful. But let us know if you need any clarification.

Beta Member

Our business essentially allows our major customers to send employees to pick up products and we send the invoice directly to their office. Occasionally, a business owner will stop in and ask to pay a set dollar amount towards their open invoices. Is there an easy way to accept the money at the register and apply to multiple invoices? 

Square Community Moderator

Hey @JLMills250 - Have you considered saving your customers' card information? This may be a good workaround as you don't have to ask for the card details every time and it's a faster checkout process. Take a look at this article with more details.  

Let me know if this is an option for you. 

For example, let's say we have three levels of yearly subscribers to our business' services. One level has 100 subscribers who all pay $60 yearly; another level has 75 subscribers who each pay $75 yearly, and a final category has 100 subscribers who each pay $95 yearly. All subscriptions are due March 1st and delinquent May 1. I'd like to upload their emails and categories and invoice each group with automatic reminders until they've paid. Is this possible?

Any update on seeing a customer's total spent for a specific time frame?