x

Feature Request: Merge invoices to allow customers to make a single payment for multiple invoices

Beta Member

Feature Request: Merge invoices to allow customers to make a single payment for multiple invoices

Title changed from "invoice HELP" to "Is there a way to see all of one customer's invoices together?" 

Do you think Square will make invoices where you can see all of one customers invoices together? I would like the option to see all of their invoices on their square profile. That way they can pay their full balance together, instead of seperate. They also need more options under the invoice feature. More detailed reports and more. With a couple of updates to invoices, it would be a great feature! Do not currently use because of this!!! 

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Create report of payments due and export as a list?

Let's see if this would work for you, @ericinLA!

From your Dashboard > InvoicesReports. You can select up to 10 invoices for a customer and send a customer statement.

Locate the customer, then click the three dots to the far right of that line > select Send reminders

This will allow you to include up to 10 outstanding invoices in 1 email, and your customer can click each link to pay.
This is an example of what your customer will see:

Let me know if this is more what you are looking to do!  

132 Comments

I see some students multiple times per week. Instead of sending many invoices, I would like to send one invoice at the end of the week or end of the month. Is there something I'm missing?

An even better option would be if a student pays me at the beginning of the month and have Square decrement the amount when the appointment is checked out. 

Alumni

Hey @CoachKris10Sk8s - You can keep track of the appointments then compile the total charge into one invoice and schedule it to send at the end of the week or month. Currently, we don't have the ability to accept partial payments against an Invoice, but it is in the works!

That sounds perfect! How do I compile them? I can’t find information on that. 

Alumni

Ah, sorry for the confusion. To clarify, you can add up the total charges of each appointment and charge that as a Custom Amount within your invoice. For example, if each appointment is $20 and you've seen a particular student 3 times, you would enter $60 as the Custom Amount.

Another option would be to create your appointment as an item and adjust the quantity to reflect how many appointments your student has had with you. Hope that makes sense!

Oh no, that just makes more work. It’s be so much easier if Square kept track and then sent out a scheduled invoice. 

It does make sense but now I have another question. If I send an invoice for many appointments for the and get paid, how to I mark certain appointments as paid without making it seem like I was paid twice for one appointment? Does that make sense?

Admin

Hi @CoachKris10Sk8s, once you've sent an invoice for the proper amount of appointments held with a student, you'll be able to view which invoices have been paid from your Invoices tab. You'll want to refer to the Status column where it will say "Overdue" or "Paid".

For more information, have a look at this section of our Support Center: Send Square Invoices Online.

Hope this helps clear things up. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Like I suspected my reports are way off. I'm starting to get my students on a staggered invoicing schedule and my first reports are coming in. In order to keep me on track for who has paid and who hasn't, I'm using the check out of appoint to mark the appointments paid. I sent one invoice today, it way paid, and then I checked out of the appointment and marked it paid as other since there isn't an option to apply the invoice payment to the appointment. Of course, like I thought, my reports aren't accruate and show that my sales are double what they really are. Is there another way to check out appointments that I'm missing?

Alumni

Sorry for the issues you're running into. I've flagged your post with an Appointments team member to see if they're able to help you find a better solution. They'll follow up with you via email so keep an eye on your inbox!

I actually called and spoke with someone earlier today. Unfortunately, at the moment there is only a work-around and not a real solution.