x

Adding points without a sale

I have a juice bar that offers a bottle bring back incentive.  I am currently setting up the loyalty program to earn points for dollars spent.  I’m wondering if I can provide loyalty points for bottle bring back instead of a cash discount like I’m doing now.  Looking for an easy way to do this instead of manually going into each customer’s account and adding points that way.  I would rather not have employees constantly going into customers accounts to manipulate the points.  Too much room for errors.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @Traceybryant

Welcome to the Community! 

This would be a great incentive for your customers. If you want to use Loyalty points instead of the cash discount you would have to manually add the points to the customer's profile. 

Here is a Support Article for more info on how to do that. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Super Seller Alumni

That’s a great idea @Traceybryant 

If you have your loyalty program based on $ spent, then yes you would have to do it manually. 

If you have your program based on items/category purchases, then there’s an easy way:

You can add a $0 item called Bottle Return, and assign points to that item through your loyalty program. 

Then when a customer brings back a bottle, you just run the transaction with that item and have them enter their loyalty info just like a regular sale. Should work!

Let me know how it goes or if you have any questions 

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Echoing Pesso's sentiment here, @Traceybryant! Let us know what route ends up working for you! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4