x

Adding surcharge to a list of remote postal codes

Hi All,

I can only find a way to set different shipping rates for different regions, but is there a way to set specific postcodes within those regions to have a surcharge added to it if the customer is in a remote location? UPS has provided us with a list of postal codes where they will charge a significant surcharge, is there a way I can incorporate this into the checkout so that customers in hard to reach areas will see the additional charges added in real time?

Thanks!

Joe

Message 1 of 5
Report Inappropriate Content
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hi @JoeRG, thank you for your post!

Unfortunately at the moment, it isn't possible to setup shipping rates by postcodes within a region. It's something that I'll share with the appropriate team so they can look into this feature request. 

I would also encourage you to check out our Beta Community to join and potentially get access to new features first when we test them out.

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 5

Thank you @tranguyen .  It's a shame the feature isn't available but would be very useful for small businesses like ours which need to offer competitive prices with manageable shipping costs.  UPS charge ยฃ20 extra for remote postcodes so it would make it unviable to absorb in our free delivery threshold.  Please do submit a feature request.  Thanks again!

Message 3 of 5
Beta Member

Depending on the size of the items you are sending, would it be an option to send these by Royal Mail who donโ€™t have a surcharge.

https://the-ungrateful-wench.square.site
Message 4 of 5

Thanks @tonydow for your suggestion.  We did have a look into this, but as we use dry ice (treated as dangerous goods) in our packaging, only UPS offers a suitable service for our needs.

Message 5 of 5