x
Beta Member

Advice on Managing Retail Items

We have had our Square Register (w/ Cash Drawer, Receipt Printer, and Barcode Scanner) for about 2 years now. It has worked great, but we've been looking to reorganize our items to better effectively track our inventories for both in-person purchases and online purchases in the future (through Weebly/Square).

We are a clothing store that primarily sells Men's and Women's clothing. All of our merchandise involves different brands, different colors, and different sizes. We also offer our customers customizable clothing prints in-store and would love to offer our future online customers the option to order their custom requests through our site.

So any advice regarding creating and managing items, Modifiers, and Option suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

We would love to hear about other businesses' experiences.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hi @cscstore and welcome to the Seller Community! I'm going to tag some of our Super Sellers below so we can try and get some advice from them on how they have set up their stores. Otherwise, feel free to ask me any quesitons you like. 🙂

@pessosices @VanKalkerFarms @RHatch @Gigis @Renoparrot @RCT

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3
Super Seller Alumni

@cscstore 

Using the new Options system is probably your best bet - this way you can set up specific colors & styles in specific sizes, and track inventory for each one of them.

For customization, you can add a Custom Text Box as a modifier group through the Online Store item setup, so that might be helpful!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 3 of 3