x

After an order has been place can I change it from delivery to shipping?

I offered pickup, delivery and shipping as options. Some customers chose delivery, but now I am unable to deliver and would like to ship their orders. Is there a way to change it from delivery to shipping so I can put the tracking information in and the customer now knows it is being shipped?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Hey @HomemadeByHunt and welcome to the Community.

There's not a way to change the fulfillment method once the order has been placed. You'd need to cancel the order and have it put it again for shipping.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 8
Beta Member

We sometimes have clients that decide they would rather pick up in store after choosing shipping as the fulfillment type for their order. Will there eventually be a way to switch the fulfillment type?

Message 3 of 8

Thanks for posting, @piercingsbylex

That's a good question. As far as I know, we do not have any immediate plans to change the fulfillment type on an order. I moved your post to this thread so we can keep track of the feedback. 

Message 4 of 8

It would be nice to be able to modify a "Pickup" order to "Shipping" 

Message 5 of 8

Welcome to the Community, @cowdog337

This is excellent feedback for the order process on your end in the Online Store. 

I would be happy to tag this as a Feature Request for our Product Team, so it can be looked into. 

Thank you for using your voice!

Kassi
Message 6 of 8

Was this feature request ever completed? I need to be able to change from shipping to pickup.

Message 7 of 8

Hi @ksojda - Violet here, following up for @Kassi_

I reached out to the Square Online Support Team and they let me know that this is currently still a feature request. The agent I spoke with also said they have not heard about any upcoming changes to this in regards to editing an order after it's been placed, or editing an order's fulfillment after the order has been placed.

To learn more about how feature requests work, please see this post from one of our Seller Community Moderators. In the meantime, keep an eye out for any updates in our Seller Community. 

We appreciate your input! 🙂

Violet
Message 8 of 8