x

After someone purchases on online store, can it send an email automatically thanking the customer?

After someone purchases on the online store, can it send an email automatiically to the customer thanking them? Or can we customize it?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 17
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

@slivingston49 - I love this suggestion! It sounds like a great way to follow up with your customers. While we don't offer this exact functionality, you could certainly create an "Email Group" in Square Marketing, and then target these individual customers with a campaign (although it would be quite manual).  You could also grab their email address from the order and message them from your business's email address. You could probably just recycle the same template for each person.

I'll be sure to share this feature with our product liaison team, as well as update this thread if I hear about any changes. 

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Square

Best Answer

@slivingston49 - I love this suggestion! It sounds like a great way to follow up with your customers. While we don't offer this exact functionality, you could certainly create an "Email Group" in Square Marketing, and then target these individual customers with a campaign (although it would be quite manual).  You could also grab their email address from the order and message them from your business's email address. You could probably just recycle the same template for each person.

I'll be sure to share this feature with our product liaison team, as well as update this thread if I hear about any changes. 

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 17

I too would love this feature. After someone registers for a class, I have follow up steps I need to let them know about. I also need their address to send them certificates, so I have to collect shipping information and then manually complete the transaction within 24 hours. I have had Square refund customers because I was travelling an unable to approve them within 24 hours. If this continues, I will have to find a different payment solution. There are some severe limitations to Square.

Message 3 of 17
Admin

Hello @ontarget, welcome and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with this. While we do not have an update available for sending an automatic email after someone completes a purchase from the Online Store, I did want to surface another thread: Launching an online store? You’ve got options with Square!  Hopefully one of our partners can offer a more customized solution for your class registration needs. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 17

We have just started taking orders using the online store. I would like to have an automatic email response to each order that thanks the customer. Is there a way to set that up? 

Message 5 of 17
Alumni

Hi @BrightonLaunch - I merged your post over here so you can check out @Sean's best answer above! 

Message 6 of 17

Thank you. I see that as far back as Sept 2016, people were asking for the same thing that I am. Has any progress been made in providing this? Thanks, Gwen

Message 7 of 17

This hasn't really been solved ..... Just sayin'

Message 8 of 17
Alumni

Hi @BrightonLaunch - All posts in the community that have been given a "best answer" (as Sean's answer has been designated above) are marked as "solved." It's not to mean that the issue is solved, rather that these answers have a work around or an answer most helpful to that question.

I don't have an update for you on this feature, but I also suggest you take a look at the App Marketplace which has some eCommerce integrations that might provide a solution!

Message 9 of 17

It's really a head scratcher that this function doesn't exist, and it's a bad look that nothing is being done about it. Being able to automatically send a thank you email to customers is a pretty low bar to clear. I have to spend a great deal of time doing it manually, and that should definitely be part of what I'm paying Square for. 

Could someone at least take the time to suggest an app integration, rather than just linking us to the app marketplace. I mean really... what people are asking for here amounts to a very basic function that one would expect from such a prominent platform. 

Message 10 of 17

...plus we are being charged a fee to use your service... we need to support our customers and show our appreciation. This has been suggested/requested for over 3 years now. It is high time to have an auto email... or at least add a "message center" so we can easily send an email to all of our customers. Thanks!

Message 11 of 17
Square Community Moderator

We appreciate your patience here. @jm777. We will be sure to vocalize any upcoming changes to this feature here on this thread.

We hope to have some updates for you soon.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 12 of 17

I love Square, but I am currently looking for a different credit card processor that can send an automatic email, An automatic email comes to me every time I have an online sale, so the system capability is already there.  I can come down there and show them how to do it, but I will probably have a new processor by then.

Message 13 of 17

It is an important feature to have. I love Square too. Pretty easy to use. Come on Square!- lets fix this simple feature. I really dont want to find a different provider. 

Message 14 of 17

Hi @evadecoro - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

I can totally see the need for a feature like this and how beneficial it could be for customers and sellers. I'll be happy to move this over to a feature request board so that our engineers have visibility of your suggestion. We appreciate you sharing your request. While there is no time frame for when it will be implemented, i'm happy to make sure our engineers have eyes on your request. 

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Message 15 of 17

Considering it's been more than a year since someone got eyes on this thread - any chance this will happen soon? Having an appointments based business it would be helpful to be able to send a follow up email for reviews and feedback as others have been requesting since 2016. 

thanks

Message 16 of 17

Hey there @Sherry_EAB

At this time, the only email sent automatically would be the order confirmation. 

This would be considered a feature request at this time. In order to appropriately send these to our product teams we’d love it if you'd submit this request on our Ideate page for Square Marketing. Our team monitors these boards and we triage them to measure needs. You can search the boards to see if this has been requested before and add your use case if so!

JJ
Message 17 of 17