x
Beta Member

Alert/ noise when item isn't scanned because of a pop up

Hello, when we are scanning items for an order, there are times when it will get off the check out page (sometimes because there are different variants for the item, sometimes because we are editing an item and don't get back to the check out page correctly) but it won't alert us so we keep scanning product and the system isn't registering the items. 

This causes us to have to go back through the entire order to see when it stopped scanning.

Is there a way there can be an alert noise during check out if the products aren't being registered? 

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hi @miflowercooop this is great request. I've had the same issue too when I'm scanning an item that was accidentally not put into our inventory. In some cases the checkout person thought the item was scanned and wasn't rung up (so free!). If items like that set off an audible alert it should prompt the checkout to stop and manually input a price, which would have solved the issue in my store. The only solution I've found is stopping each time and checking the register to see if an alert popped up, but that isn't ideal especially during busy times.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hi @miflowercooop this is great request. I've had the same issue too when I'm scanning an item that was accidentally not put into our inventory. In some cases the checkout person thought the item was scanned and wasn't rung up (so free!). If items like that set off an audible alert it should prompt the checkout to stop and manually input a price, which would have solved the issue in my store. The only solution I've found is stopping each time and checking the register to see if an alert popped up, but that isn't ideal especially during busy times.

Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Wondering if there has been a solution found for this yet? I am still encountering this issue. I cringe a bit to think of how many 'free' items left the store during the holidays... 

Jennifer

The Vintage Flip

thevintageflip.com

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

I don't have any updates at this time, @thevintageflip. However, I would like to take the time to invite you to our Ideate Board so you can officially submit this Feature Request.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4