x

Am I able to send a link to customers to complete their profile?

I am wanting to send a link to customers to be able to update their personal information including phone, email and birthday.

We've been with Square for over 3 years and utilizing the loyalty profile, also utilizing the marketing feature.

This would be greating beneficial for merging duplicate profiles, and allowing for customers to re-opt into the marketing profile, along with seeing their past purchases, loyalty stars, etc.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi@stevyn80

While we don't have a single tool to help you collect all of this data at once, we do provide a number of features to help you build your customer profiles. 

- For collecting birthdays, we have automated marketing campaigns that will ask your customers to share their birthdays with you and offer them a coupon reward on their birthdays

- For collecting emails from customers that shared their phone numbers using the Square loyalty program, we have an option that lets you incentivize them to share their emails in exchange for additional loyalty stars

- If you're looking to collect buyer names/emails online, we just released a new set of tools to help you do that on your site or via social media

I'd love to hear about your experience if you've used any of the above options or if you have a different scenario in mind. Any feedback is highly appreciated.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hey @stevyn80, welcome to the seller community and thanks for sharing your experience!

I like the way you think.👍🏻 While this feature isn't available with Square Customer Directory, I will be sure to surface your post to our Product Liaison team.

In addition, we'll follow up here with any other suggestions and updates on this request. Feel free to let us know if anything else comes up and keep in touch!🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 6
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi@stevyn80

While we don't have a single tool to help you collect all of this data at once, we do provide a number of features to help you build your customer profiles. 

- For collecting birthdays, we have automated marketing campaigns that will ask your customers to share their birthdays with you and offer them a coupon reward on their birthdays

- For collecting emails from customers that shared their phone numbers using the Square loyalty program, we have an option that lets you incentivize them to share their emails in exchange for additional loyalty stars

- If you're looking to collect buyer names/emails online, we just released a new set of tools to help you do that on your site or via social media

I'd love to hear about your experience if you've used any of the above options or if you have a different scenario in mind. Any feedback is highly appreciated.

Message 3 of 6

Yes, we are looking for this same functionality. To collect some custom fields outside of birthdays, like anniversaries. And, addresses to make our deliveries easier. Is there any word on this functionality coming to be? Thanks!

Message 4 of 6

Hello @flourishfg, welcome to the Seller Community! 

Right now we're still collecting use cases for this feature request. Have you used a service in the pas that offered the ability to send links to customers? This will help us get an idea of what you're looking for. 

Message 5 of 6

We are also looking for this feature.  I imagine it would require a sign-in page for the customer, but once in, they'd be able to manage the same details we are able to within the Dashboard (email/phone, loyalty status, and any other "custom fields" we create).  We'd like to be able to email our database requesting some additional information be populated by them.

Message 6 of 6