x

Anchors and Links to Sections

It is a bit strange that we cannot link to a specific section or place an anchor on a Weebly/Square Online Store page, short of having to embed the code manually in the tiny embed code box.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to create anchors other than the embed code box? I'd like the online store to be more than just a store, but the online store is rigid.

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi again, @mattd 👋

You can link to specific sections and pages within your Square Online Store, without embedding any code - let's walk through how! For this example, I'll show you how to add a link using an Action button, but you can also edit the navigation links shown in the Header of your Home page to link visitors to specific sections of your website.

First, head over to your website editor (Dashboard > Online Store > Website > Edit Site). Using the Page drop-down menu, select the page you'd like to add a link to, then select the section of the page to add a link to - for this example, you'll select Main Banner.

From the sidebar menu, click Action button, then hover your mouse over the "link" space to see the pencil Edit icon. Click the Edit icon and you'll see a pop-up menu.

Select Standard page from the drop-down menu.

Select the page you want to link your visitors to from the Page drop-down menu. When you select a page, you'll notice that the option to Link to a section of this page will appear within the pop-up window.

You'll want to toggle that ON to specify a section of the page - once you do, the section selector drop-down menu will appear. You can also check the box at the bottom of the pop-up window if you'd like these links to open up in a new tab when your visitors click them.

Ta-da! 🎉 Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi again, @mattd 👋

You can link to specific sections and pages within your Square Online Store, without embedding any code - let's walk through how! For this example, I'll show you how to add a link using an Action button, but you can also edit the navigation links shown in the Header of your Home page to link visitors to specific sections of your website.

First, head over to your website editor (Dashboard > Online Store > Website > Edit Site). Using the Page drop-down menu, select the page you'd like to add a link to, then select the section of the page to add a link to - for this example, you'll select Main Banner.

From the sidebar menu, click Action button, then hover your mouse over the "link" space to see the pencil Edit icon. Click the Edit icon and you'll see a pop-up menu.

Select Standard page from the drop-down menu.

Select the page you want to link your visitors to from the Page drop-down menu. When you select a page, you'll notice that the option to Link to a section of this page will appear within the pop-up window.

You'll want to toggle that ON to specify a section of the page - once you do, the section selector drop-down menu will appear. You can also check the box at the bottom of the pop-up window if you'd like these links to open up in a new tab when your visitors click them.

Ta-da! 🎉 Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Message 2 of 6

Thanks @Valentina really appreciate the help on this one.

Message 3 of 6

I am trying to link to a section of my my wholesale page as well.  It was working for most, now it isn't saving what I put in for the link section.  It is not saving it nor publishing it the right way.  What is the problem with it now?

Message 4 of 6
Alumni

Hey @coachjeffalley,

Thank you for posting in the Seller Community. Welcome.

What internet browser are you working out of to make these changes?

Please let me know by replying in this thread. I'll keep an eye out for your response.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 5 of 6

Yes its easy in the Square Editor , the question however is about the Weebly online editor and there you cannot create anchors at all! sad

Message 6 of 6