x

Any way to change "Customer" to "Client" on Invoice/Receipt? I provide services to clients.

I provide professional services to clients and I am very pleased with the Square service. However, it looks less professional when I send my clients an invoice or receipt for their credit card payment and it says they are a "Customer."

I checked on the customization and did not see anything that would allow me to change this. It would very much be appreciated if this simple change could be made (changing the word "Customer" to "Client."

Thank you!

Darrell

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller Alumni

There is no setting to make this change.  I don't think most Customers/Clients care or notice this on the invoice.  I have a professional business too and haven't had anyone ever comment on the verbiage.

Message 2 of 4
Square Community Moderator

That's an interesting request @CartLaw

As @RHatch mentioned, you're not able to customize this as of right now, but I'll pass the feedback along to our Invoice Team and if anything changes I'll post an update. 

Message 3 of 4

Thanks, guys. You may be right that they don't care, but it would polish it up and make it look more professional. I'm just thinking that someone paying a large services bill would prefer to get an invoice to the Client rather than Customer, which makes it seem more of a force-fit.

If the design team can allow modification (or even an "either/or" where you could select between Customer and Client), I would appreciate it.

Message 4 of 4