x

Any way to get money back after paying an invoice?

I have a bit of a unique situation. A few months ago I commissioned a person to make something for me. After a lengthy back and forth, he sent me the invoice, which I paid. A little bit later, he told me there would be some delays. However, after a while, he stopped responding altogether and I reached out to him to refund my purchase.

Seeing as he's not responding to me, it's kinda hard for me to get my money back. Is there any resource through square which I can use to get my money back per the vendor's failure to perform?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Hey @jw1126 

Sorry to hear about your situation.  In this event, you should be able to contact your bank, or customer service of the card hat you used.  You should have no problem filing a report with them for "goods not received".  IF for some reason that doesn't net you your money back after their investigation, I would hen go ahead and contact Square's customer service. 

Keep us updated

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 2 of 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @jw1126 - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community. Sorry to hear about your experience with this Square merchant. I'll gladly share some more information with you on this.

In the transactional exchange, Square plays the role of the processor for your payment. We are not able to refund payments on behalf of Square merchants per a customer’s request. Disputes such as these must be resolved between the customer and the Square merchant.

If you don’t receive a satisfactory response from the merchant, you are free to dispute the charge with your bank or credit card company.

After a dispute is filed, Square will receive notification of the billing dispute from your bank or credit card company. At that time, we’ll work with them to resolve the dispute as quickly as possible.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let us know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 3