x

Appointments: How do I change the way my services are in ordered on the online booking site?

I try to organize them but nothing happens has everyone dealt with this?

Message 1 of 42
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Sorry, the Appointments booking site got a facelift. @gorgecitybarber @lsnowner

Appointments Dashboard > Online Booking > Select Manage to the right of Enable online booking 

A smaller window will appear. Select the three dots next to your location > select Manage Service Order

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 27 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

Hello @441! Just for clarification, are you adjusting the order of your services on your Square Dashboard

From your Square Dashboard the option is under Appointments> Online Booking > Visibility & Display. When you click Visibility & Display you can use the three horizontal lines next to the description of each service to move it up and down.

Please let me know if this helps! I'll keep an eye out for your reply. 👀

Message 2 of 42

I try to click where the three lines are and nothing is moving where I want it to go? Does it work with iPad ? 

Message 3 of 42
Alumni

Chad was referring to your online Square Dashboard which would need to be accessed via computer.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 4 of 42

Hi, I am also trying to rearrange the servics, and it will not work like it says, for me either. I am using a Macbook Pro. Any advise?

Thank you!

Message 5 of 42
Admin

Hmm that sounds strange @organichair

Can you try clearing your browsing history and making sure you're using the latest version of your browser? Switching to another browser like Chrome, Safari or Firefox should help too. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 6 of 42

Thank you! I can try clearing my Chrome browser and see if that works 🙂

Message 7 of 42

This does not work

Message 8 of 42
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Nilla

Can you provide more details on what you're seeing after you try the troubleshooting mentioned in this thread? Were you getting a specific error of some kind or were you just not able to move anything? 

Message 9 of 42

The tab is not available, I already switched computers to a different browser Safari,Chrome, Google and still cant see the option to modify my services. Can this be fixed??

Message 10 of 42

Edit Display tab is not available. Can this be fixed??

Message 11 of 42

I have the same issue. I can’t change the order of any services 

Message 12 of 42
Admin

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @Marlanea. I went to check on this and reordering services on the Appointments Services tab was reflected on my online booking site. Is there any chance you have more information on what's blocking you from changing your service order (e.g. error message, or the steps that lead up to where things get stuck)? Happy to have a closer look.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 13 of 42

The only tab available is (CREATE SERVICE) ON THE RIGHT CORNER SIDE .

Message 14 of 42

Follow this route. Appointments> Online Booking> Visibility & Display

From there you should be able to drag and drop services into your preferred order.

Hope this helps!

Message 15 of 42

I don't know why your answer isn't listed as the first. I went three pages of supposed answers, and YOURS is the one that worked.!! I am thanking God for you right now!!!

Message 16 of 42
Admin

Thank you @Ascensionmassag! I've just marked @MolaBandit's answer as the Best Answer on this thread, and I edited the initial reply too. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 17 of 42

I tried this, but the order of services doesn't change. I even logged out & logged back in to see if it changed. No change, except on the page where I put things in the order I wanted it. But when I look at "items" & "service library", they're still out of order. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Message 18 of 42

Hi, are you trying to do the changes on a lap top or desk top? That made a difference for me. If that is the case, the only other thing I can think of is there is something up with the site,  because I haven't been able to load up my appointments or square reader for an hour now.

Message 19 of 42
Alumni

Sorry to hear you all are having so many technically issues. Must be a headache 😖

@Reiki1 @A-by-A -  

Could there be an issue with your browser? Give these troubleshooting tips a try if you haven't already. If this didn't help, you might want to give our Appointments Team a call so they can take a deeper dive and scope out the problem.

As for you @Ascensionmassag - seems like you're running into some connectivity issues. How are you connected to the internet and how's the strength? Have you tried reinstalling your app? I've had luck going this route when I experience glitchy behavior with the reader and the app. 

Keep me updated so I can assist further! 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 20 of 42

Hi, yes, I reinstalled, and all is well now. thanks!!

Message 21 of 42