x

Appointments app needs basic payment type features updated.

It's been years since simple feature requests for the Appointment app have been made.   Can you please add capability for customers to use or apply:

A.  Discount/promo codes for payment

B.  eGift Cards (this seems unusual to not already exist as the BUY GIFT CARD link appears on the Appointment Services page!!! yet it can't be used when an appointment is made.)

Without these features, I then just refer my customers to pay me by Zelle since the Square system isn't doing much to support the transaction.  

They seem to be very simple request that have been outstanding for years with no apparent good reason.

Thanks for escalating!

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Appreciate you sharing your voice here @chakraTUDEss! I've made it a point to escalate your request for egift cards to be used for services.

You're able to redeem rewards and apply discounts to services through the app. Are you referring to a specific type of promo?

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 5

Can you please show me how to have a client use a discount or promo code when making  an appointment for a service?   The only thing I see offered to them as a payment option is credit card data as shown below when they get to the payment screen.  This is where I'd like them to be able to redeem an eGift card too.

Capture.JPG

Message 3 of 5
Admin

I'm glad you clarified with this screenshot @chakraTUDEss. I was referring to checking clients out via the app. But unfortunately when they're checking out online, you're correct- there isn't a field for them to enter discount codes. Sorry I misunderstood the first time around. We're continuing to track this feature request here. Hopefully we can share some good news of an update on this soon.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 4 of 5

Thank you.  Since everything has gone online, this self service feature for clients is a big deal.   Especially since gift cards are being encouraged.  It only makes sense they would have ability to redeem them directly on tbe page they boom services.  Thanks! 

Message 5 of 5