x

Are changes made to invoice settings retroactive?

[The title of this post has been edited by a moderator.]

let's say i have several items with their tax status set to on or taxable, and the sales tax enable button is toggled to off.  i create invoice #1, the tax is not added to any of the items. after sending the invoice, and the invoice is saved that way (with no taxes), i go to the tax section and toggle on the enable tax button.  then i create invoice #2.  taxes are added to this invoice, and saved that way.  if i now go back to look at invoice #1, will taxes be added to it because the enable tax button is now toggled to on, or are invoices saved with the attributes under which they were created?  same question for prices on items - if you change prices on items, are older invoices  saved with the then current price?  thank you.

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @patssharpening- great question!

Any changes that you make to one invoice will remain the same no matter how you change your settings down the line. So in your example, invoice #1 will look the same as when you created it the first time around no matter what you change in your settings after that.

Hope this clears things up!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @patssharpening- great question!

Any changes that you make to one invoice will remain the same no matter how you change your settings down the line. So in your example, invoice #1 will look the same as when you created it the first time around no matter what you change in your settings after that.

Hope this clears things up!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 3

Thank you Nika_S !!!

Message 3 of 3