x
Beta Member

Are custom cummunications automatically sent when I manually set up an appointment for a client?

If I manually create an appointment (ie, someone calls me on the phone to set up an appointment and I go to my calendar and create the appointment), will Sqaure send the customized message I set up to go out with "Business Accepted Appointment"? Or are those custom communications only sent out when a customer books their own appointment online?

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hey @ccotenh 

You are correct,  The same email template from "Business Accepted Appointment" will be sent to the customer even if you manually add them to the calendar. 

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hey @ccotenh 

You are correct,  The same email template from "Business Accepted Appointment" will be sent to the customer even if you manually add them to the calendar. 

Dan
Square Super Seller
Message 2 of 8
Beta Member

Awesome, thank you.

Message 3 of 8

Is there a way to turn off “business accepted appointment” without turning off the confirmation text the day before?

Message 4 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @Brandle,

Thanks for reaching out with your question!

At this time, you cannot disable the "business accepted appointment" customer notification. You can edit when your reminder and confirmation messages are sent, however, directly from your Communications page in your online Square Dashboard. 

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 8
Super Seller

Anytime!

Cheers

Dan
Square Super Seller
Message 6 of 8

Very unhappy that square took away the feature of being able to see if a client confirms their appointment!  $30 a month is a pretty steep price for a small business! I think square has gotten greedy and it’s time I find a new business platform for appointments! 

The title of this thread has been edited from the original by a Community Moderator to help with searching threads. 

Message 7 of 8

I came to say the exact same thing! It's absolutely disgusting that they're getting so greedy that they're forcing us to pay for the most basic of services that is needed for appointments. How am I ever supposed to enforce my no-show policy if I can't have confirmation texts. I'm on the hunt for a new POS and appts app now. I was really hoping square would be something I could just stick with because I knew when I grew my business that I could upgrade so that I could have more stylists and more features but now I don't want to give them the money

Message 8 of 8