x

Attaching Contract to Invoice

I have read through the threads, but still unable to make it work for me!

I have a new client invoice, and I have a contract template that I want to attach to the invoice.  When I click 'attach invoice' it doesn't take me to my templates.  

Do I need to create a personalized contract first, before creating the invoice?  

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

Okay let me see if I can help because I just helped my boyfriend set his up.  First, we had to create the invoice for the client.  Then, we went and worked on the contract (we had to do a new contract from the templates...not one we were previously working on) and was able to include the invoice that way. 

Hopefully, this helps you 🙂

Message 2 of 7

Thank you @Stacelyn24 .  I was thinking I could send both in one 'swoop', but I will try creating the contract with the name and then adding it to the invoice.  

Is this what you mean? 

Message 3 of 7
Super Seller

Yes that's exactly it.  We made the mistake of thinking we could do that way as well....but we figured it out lol 🙂

Let us know if you need help with anything else!

Message 4 of 7

Many thanks! And glad I'm not alone haha! 

Message 5 of 7

@Stacelyn24  Okay, I'm about to give up.  Here's what I did, please tell me where I'm missing the mark...

Created new contract with client name & email

Saved as draft

Created new invoice with same client name & email, filled in amounts and all the things.

Attached Contract

Takes me to contract list where the draft contract is NOT listed

Followed arrow prompt to contract list, contract draft IS there

Simply can't figure this out argh! Thank you for your help. 

Message 6 of 7
Super Seller

Okay so we created the invoice first.  Went through and did the all the steps.  Then we went through and created the contract...and attached the invoice to it.  If you save either as a draft it won't recognize it.  So just switch it around.  Create the invoice first.  If you don't want it to be immediately emailed off then set the due date to a later date...then do the contract.

Hope this helps 🙂

Message 7 of 7